Abdon and Heath Parish
News and Events
News and Events for 2019:
- SEVERN TRENT ROADWORKS AND ROAD CLOSURES in our area - 4th November 2019 to March 2020 click here for full details...
- Latest Parish Council minutes click here...
- Latest Planning Applications click here...
- Abdon and Heath Parish Housing Needs Survey. What kind of homes does your parish need? Right Home, Right Place is a local initiative to help identify housing needs across Shropshire. We’ll be running a survey in your parish during November, and we encourage all residents to take part – it’s your chance to tell us about your housing needs, now and in the future. Your answers will help to shape future housing provisions and property types in your community. Look out for your questionnaire in the post or complete it online at www.righthomerightplace.co.uk To request an additional paper copy, email email@example.com or call 01743 257 785.
- Water Abstraction Notice. If you have been abstracting from a surface or groundwater source without a licence, and this exceeds 20 cubic metres of water on any one day, you will need to apply for an abstraction licence - see details attached below. Apply early and ideally before the end of September 2019. If a valid application is not submitted before the deadline of 31 December 2019, abstraction will have to stop from the 1 January 2020.
- Friday 8th - Skittles, Abdon Village Hall.
- Saturday 9th - UFO (Un Finished Objects) craft morning at Abdon Village Hall 10.30am to 12.30pm. Bring along your unfinished projects. Join us and learn a new craft skill. Join us and teach your craft skills to someone else. Please supply your own materials. Please make a donation for refreshments.
- Saturday 16th - Mindfulness Taster Day, 10am-4pm Abdon Village Hall. Would you like to cope better with stress and difficulty? Feel more relaxed and in control, sleep better, get more out of life? Cost £20. Numbers are limited so booking is essential. See leaflet attached below for full details.
- Saturday 16th - Abdon Wildlife Group meeting/social event, 6pm - 9.30pm Abdon Village Hall. We have another year to look back on! Our fourth! A lot of people have been out and about, at quite a number of events, but of course not everyone was everywhere. This is a chance to listen to one or two "reports", swap stories and pictures, and catch up with everyone. The review part of the evening will include: the results of the Clee Liberty flora survey, a summary of other wild flower news and update on orchid search, butterfly, moth and dragonfly records, a report from Leo Smith on this year's Lapwing & Curlew Survey, reports of any wildlife events of interest, from anyone. We'll then move on to refreshments! Please bring a few sweet and savoury nibbles to share. Tea and coffee will be provided, but do bring a bottle if you like. And we'll then start the debate on what we do in 2020.
- Friday 22nd - Quiz Night 7.30pm Abdon Village Hall. Teams of 4 - £6 per person to include ploughmans. Bring your own tipple. All proceeds to be donated to Parkinson’s UK. Please book - telephone Margaret 01746 712296 or Penny 01746 712530.
- Saturday 30th - Coffee morning and Housing Needs Survey drop in. Abdon Village Hall 10.30am to 12.30pm. Join us for coffee, cake and a chat. Every household should have received their Housing Needs Survey through the post, please come along with any questions. Explanations, advice and help available. All residents of the villages are invited to attend.
- Friday 6th - Skittles, Abdon Village Hall.
- Saturday 14th - UFO (Un Finished Objects) craft morning at Abdon Village Hall 10.30am to 12.30pm. Bring along your unfinished projects. Join us and learn a new craft skill. Join us and teach your craft skills to someone else. Please supply your own materials. Please make a donation for refreshments.
- Brown Clee Meditation Group - every Tuesday evening 7pm in Abdon Village Hall. All are welcome at no cost. A leaflet is available from Brown Clee Surgery.
- Coffee morning - last Saturday each month in Abdon Village Hall 10.30am to 12.30pm, except for December.
- UFO (Un Finished Objects) craft morning - 2nd Saturday each month at Abdon Village Hall 10.30am to 12.30pm. Bring along your unfinished projects. Join us and learn a new craft skill. Join us and teach your craft skills to someone else. Please supply your own materials. Please make a donation for refreshments. Phone Penny 712530 or Margaret 712296.
- Church services - second and fourth Sunday of each month at St. Margaret's Church, Abdon. See the St. Margaret's Church page for details.
- Parish Council meetings - usually the last Thursday in January, April, July and October in Abdon Village Hall. See the Parish Council page for details.
- Women's Institute - second Wednesday each month at Clee St.Margaret Village Hall. See the Women's Institute Page for details.
Abdon and Heath Parish Council - Marquee for hire.