Abdon and Heath Parish
News and Events
News and Events for March and April 2018:
- Tuesday 27th February - Abdon Wildlife Group 2018 Programme of Activities. There is something happening every month, and more! Things start very soon with a training session for those who can help with the curlew survey. Expect at least one update a month, with final details of each Field Meet, and other events. Download the programme now, print it, put it on the wall, put it in the diary!
- Friday 2nd March - Skittles, 8pm at Abdon Village Hall v. Haytons Bent.
- Friday 9th March - Quiz Night! 7.30pm Abdon Village Hall.
- Wednesday 14th March - Skittles, 8pm at Culmington.
- Thursday 15th March - Abdon Wildlife Group, Lapwing and Curlew survey meeting, 7.30pm Abdon Village Hall. More...
- Thursday 29th March - Wear a Hat Day! Brain tumour research fundraising event. The event is being supported by businesswoman, model, actress, and television personality, Caprice, alongside actor and author, Sheila Hancock CBE. Since it started in 2010, Wear a Hat Day has raised well over £1 million.
- Saturday 31st March - Coffee morning, Abdon Village Hall 10.30am to 12.30pm. Join us for coffee, cake and a chat - everyone welcome!
- Friday 30th March to Monday 2nd April - Easter weekend.
- Easter holiday activities for children - see document attached below.
- Saturday 28th April - Coffee morning, Abdon Village Hall 10.30am to 12.30pm. Join us for coffee, cake and a chat - everyone welcome!
- 30th April - 2nd May - Temporary road closure: Lower Farm, Holdgate Lane Holdgate. Purpose: for new water connections. Severn Trent Water. You can view the closure and diversion route by clicking here: https://roadworks.org?tm=105033032. Should you have any queries regarding this closure, please call Customer Services on 0345 6789006, or contact the Street Works Team on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Coffee morning - last Saturday each month in Abdon Village Hall 10.30am to 12.30pm, except for December.
- Meditation evening - every Tuesday evening in Abdon Village Hall. Contact Brown Clee Surgery for details.
- Sewing club - Wednesday afternoons at various locations in Abdon.
- Flower club - first Monday evening each month (March to December) in Abdon Village Hall.
- Church services - second and fourth Sunday of each month at St. Margaret's Church, Abdon.
- Parish Council meetings - last Thursday in January, April, July and October in Abdon Village Hall.
- Women's Institute - second Wednesday each month at Clee St.Margaret Village Hall.
Abdon and Heath Parish Council - Marquee for hire.