Abdon and Heath Parish
News and Events
News and Events for July to September 2018:
- POTHOLES!!! - Abdon and Heath residents are asked to report potholes to Shropshire Council - see poster attached below on how to do this.
- Saturday 14th July - Summer barbeque 5pm at Abdon Village Hall to celebrate 65 years.
- 11th July - New planning application: Ref: 18/02969/FUL. Address: The Grove, Holdgate, Much Wenlock, Shropshire, TF13 6LN. Proposal: Formation of new vehicular entrance to 2no field to include installation of 2no metal gates, concrete surface to pull in area; visibility splay and removal of some hedgerow. Applicant: Ms A Redgrave (The Grove , Brookhampton, Holdgate, TF13 6LN). View online at: http://pa.shropshire.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=summary&keyVal=PAXZNDTDME300
- Tuesday 17th July - NEWSFLASH: NHS 111 number switch information. From Tuesday 17th July 2018, patients across Shropshire who need urgent out-of-hours medical help or advice will need to call 111. The NHS 111 service will replace the current out-of-hours telephone access service provided by Shropdoc in line with national policy to provide a consistent, integrated approach to urgent care; but any patients that need to see a clinician out-of-hours will still be seen by a local GP or other appropriate clinician. Patients in Wales should continue to use the Shropdoc number until NHS 111 is launched in Powys by the end of the year.
- Saturday 28th July - Coffee morning, Abdon Village Hall 10.30am to 12.30pm. Join us for coffee, cake and a chat - everyone welcome!
- Sunday 29th July - Abdon Wildlife Group moth morning, 8.30am at The Maltings, Stanton Long (along no through road about 400 metres on left opposite 2 bungalows).
- Thursday 9th August - Abdon and Heath Parish Council meeting, 7.30pm Abdon Village Hall. Residents welcome.
- Saturday 25th August - Coffee morning, Abdon Village Hall 10.30am to 12.30pm. Join us for coffee, cake and a chat - everyone welcome!
- Sunday 2nd September - Fun Dog Show at Abdon Village Hall 2-5pm. All sorts of classes for all sorts of dogs and their owners. Agility course for children with dogs. Tea and cakes.
- 14th September 2018 - Queen's Award for Voluntary Service. Deadline for nominations: 14th September 2018.
- Coffee morning - last Saturday each month in Abdon Village Hall 10.30am to 12.30pm, except for December.
- Meditation evening - every Tuesday evening in Abdon Village Hall. Contact Brown Clee Surgery for details.
- Sewing club - Wednesday afternoons at various locations in Abdon.
- Flower club - first Monday evening each month (March to December) in Abdon Village Hall.
- Church services - second and fourth Sunday of each month at St. Margaret's Church, Abdon.
- Parish Council meetings - last Thursday in January, April, July and October in Abdon Village Hall.
- Women's Institute - second Wednesday each month at Clee St.Margaret Village Hall.
Abdon and Heath Parish Council - Marquee for hire.