Abdon and Heath Parish
News and Events
News and Events for May 2018:
- POTHOLES!!! - Abdon and Heath residents are asked to report potholes to Shropshire Council - see poster attached below on how to do this.
- Monday 16th April - The AONB Management Plan in under review and we would like to hear your views on: (1) What do you most value about the Shropshire Hills? (2) What is changing, for better or worse? (3) What needs to be done, and how can we work together to do it? The new AONB Management Plan will set out priorities to build support for the landscape over the next five years. The more people we involve, the more successful the Plan will be. Please follow the link to fill in our online survey – it should take no more than 10 minutes. https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/YJGY7FS. The survey closes at the end of May.
- Wednesday 18th April - New Planning Application relating to parish of: Abdon. Ref: 18/01683/FUL. Address: Brown Clee, Abdon, Craven Arms, Shropshire, SY7 9HX. Proposal: Erection of single storey extension to front and single storey rear extension. View online at: http://pa.shropshire.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=summary&keyVal=P6ZE2FTDKSO00
- Sunday 6th May - Abdon Wildlife Group Moth Morning, 8.30am at Bank House, Abdon, SY7 9HU. Bank House is at the top of the hill on the right above the red telephone box with the books in on the road to Cockshutford.
- Thursday 10th May - Abdon and Heath Parish Council AGM 7pm Abdon Village Hall. Everyone welcome. More...
- Thursday 17th May (date change!) - Abdon Wildlife Group plant survey, Trish's meadow. Group members are invited to come along and eavesdrop on the survey. Arrive 9.45am for 10am start. Meet at Botwood Farmhouse, Ditton Priors, WV16 6SW.
- Thursday 17th May - Abdon and Heath Parish Council Audit
- Saturday 19th May (location change!) - Abdon Wildlife Group, Meadows at Bank House, Abdon. Look at two meadows of botanical interest. Ground damp in places, a kneeler might be useful! Meet for 10.30am start at Bank House, Abdon, SY7 9HU (just above the red phone box).
- Saturday 26th May - Coffee morning, Abdon Village Hall 10.30am to 12.30pm. Join us for coffee, cake and a chat - everyone welcome!
- Sunday 27th May - Abdon Wildlife Group moth morning. 8.30am at 2 Abdon View, Abdon, SY7 9HY. Penny's house is on the road between Abdon and Clee St Margaret.
- Are you concerned about food poverty in Shropshire? The Shrewsbury Food Hub recently helped to form the Shropshire Food Poverty Alliance to find solutions to food poverty in Shropshire. Please help create solutions by sharing your experience of the current situation and what needs to change. Let’s tackle food poverty, together. Visit our website https://www.shrewsburyfoodhub.org.uk/. In June we are running 4 half-day workshops to explore solutions. Do you have a view on what needs to change? Can you share your experience and ideas? Please follow the links to book your place - workshops will be held on:
- 13th June Shrewsbury
- 14th June Wem
- 21st June Shrewsbury
- 29th June Craven Arms
- Coffee morning - last Saturday each month in Abdon Village Hall 10.30am to 12.30pm, except for December.
- Meditation evening - every Tuesday evening in Abdon Village Hall. Contact Brown Clee Surgery for details.
- Sewing club - Wednesday afternoons at various locations in Abdon.
- Flower club - first Monday evening each month (March to December) in Abdon Village Hall.
- Church services - second and fourth Sunday of each month at St. Margaret's Church, Abdon.
- Parish Council meetings - last Thursday in January, April, July and October in Abdon Village Hall.
- Women's Institute - second Wednesday each month at Clee St.Margaret Village Hall.
Abdon and Heath Parish Council - Marquee for hire.