Abdon and Heath Parish
News and Events
News and Events for November and December 2018:
- Local GP Practices offering evening and weekend appointments. In Shropshire, local practices are working together to provide out of hours appointments at a nearby practice in their local area – the practices will take turns on a rota basis and patients will be advised about location at time of booking. The pre-bookable appointments will be available on weekday evenings, Saturday mornings, Sunday mornings and bank holidays. Patients simply need to contact their practice (who they are currently registered with) during normal opening hours, and speak to the practice receptionist or a member of the practice team who will be able to make an appointment. For more information see the Useful Information page.
- Friday 2nd November - Harvest Supper, 7.30pm Abdon Village Hall.
- Thursday 8th November - Abdon and Heath Parish Council meeting, 7.30pm Abdon Village Hall. All parishioners are welcome to attend. Minutes...
- Friday 9th November - Skittles Night. Abdon v CSM. At Abdon. For more dates see Skittles page...
- Saturday 10th November - UFO (Un Finished Objects) craft morning at Abdon Village Hall 10.30am to 12.30pm. Bring along your unfinished projects. Join us and learn a new craft skill. Join us and teach your craft skills to someone else. Please supply your own materials. Please make a donation for refreshments. Phone Penny 712530 or Margaret 712296.
- Saturday 10th November - Quiz Night 7.30pm Abdon Village Hall. Quiz Master Andy back by popular demand! Light supper - bring your own tipple! £5.00 per person, Teams of 4. Just let us know you are coming: Margaret 01746 712296; Jo 712244; Penny 712530.
- 21st November - Could you foster a Shropshire child? Is there room in your heart for adoption? Shropshire Fostering and the Joint Adoption Service are looking to recruit new foster carers and adopters for the county. See posters attached below for more information.
- Friday 23rd November - Skittles Night. High Leys v Abdon. At High Leys. For more dates see Skittles page...
- Saturday 24th November - Coffee morning, Abdon Village Hall 10.30am to 12.30pm. Join us for coffee, cake and a chat - everyone welcome!
- Thursday 29th November - Abdon Wildlife Group Curlew/ Lapwing talk, 7pm Abdon Village Hall. The survey work we carried out this year trying to find evidence of breeding curlews in our area was carried out based on the methods detailed by Leo Smith who is coordinating the Shropshire curlew conservation work in the county. This work is being supported by Shropshire Wildlife Trust and Shropshire Ornithological Society. Our findings have been passed to Leo for inclusion in this year's records. As a result of our efforts Leo has offered to give a talk on the work being carried out to identify the status of curlews and the work being done to conserve them. Leo is the leading ornithologist in Shropshire. He is the author of The Birds of Shropshire, the "most comprehensive record of the County's avifauna ever published", due to be published in July 2109. Members of the South Shropshire RSPB group are also being invited to join us for this talk.
- Friday 30th November - Skittles Night. Abdon v Culmington. At Abdon. For more dates see Skittles page...
- Coffee morning - last Saturday each month in Abdon Village Hall 10.30am to 12.30pm, except for December.
- UFO (Un Finished Objects) craft morning - 2nd Saturday each month at Abdon Village Hall 10.30am to 12.30pm. Bring along your unfinished projects. Join us and learn a new craft skill. Join us and teach your craft skills to someone else. Dates: 2018: 13th Oct, 10th Nov, 8th Dec, 2019: 12th Jan, 9th Feb, 9th March. Please supply your own materials. Please make a donation for refreshments. Phone Penny 712530 or Margaret 712296.
- Meditation evening - every Tuesday evening in Abdon Village Hall. Contact Brown Clee Surgery for details.
- Sewing club - Wednesday afternoons at various locations in Abdon.
- Flower club - first Monday evening each month (March to December) in Abdon Village Hall.
- Church services - second and fourth Sunday of each month at St. Margaret's Church, Abdon.
- Parish Council meetings - last Thursday in January, April, July and October in Abdon Village Hall.
- Women's Institute - second Wednesday each month at Clee St.Margaret Village Hall.
Abdon and Heath Parish Council - Marquee for hire.