News and Events
Abdon and Heath Parish:
- 7th to 9th June - Road Closure: Lower Cross Lanes Crossroads To Church Junction, Heath. Severn Trent Water - Hydrant Renewal. You can view the closure and diversion route by clicking here: https://one.network/?tm=121560962. Should you have any queries regarding this closure, please call Customer Services on 0345 6789006, or contact the Street Works Team on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tuesday 1st June - Abdon Village Hall AGM, 7pm. See agenda attached below.
- Tuesday 18th May - Abdon and Heath Parish Council AGM, 7.30pm at Abdon Village Hall. Agenda attached below. All residents of the villages are welcome to join the meeting, however the attendance numbers are restricted due to Covid-19 regulations and therefore attendees must contact the clerk email@example.com in advance to book in. Government and local council guidelines will be followed: including but not restricted to: Track and trace, social distancing, sanitising, masks being worn, no paperwork distributed and restricted use of toilets.
- 16th and 17th June - Tech Severn 2021 Event. Shropshire Council are hosting Tech Severn 2021 in partnership with the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy. This FREE virtual conference will explore the crucial role technology and innovation must play in our efforts to tackle climate change and achieve global sustainability. With contributions from Microsoft, BT, Smart Energy GB, Innovate UK, Zero Carbon Shropshire (and many more), Tech Severn 2021 will explore how we can:
- Reduce our carbon footprint and achieve ‘net-zero’
- Drive a new generation of global sustainability
- Mitigate the impacts of climate change
- Protect our built and natural environment
- Web: www.techsevern21.co.uk (don’t open link with Internet Explorer as it won’t display correctly)
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/showcase/tech-severn-conference-2021
- Who is this conference for? Tech Severn 2021 brings together a line-up of world class keynote speakers from the cutting edge of technology, sustainability, biodiversity and government policy. This FREE virtual conference will provide a clear roadmap for the actions we need to take as businesses, individuals, and as a society in the coming decades.
- Public sector organisations
- Small and Medium Sized Enterprises (SMEs)
- Large businesses
- Schools, colleges and universities
- Voluntary and community groups
- Members of the public
- 4th May - Welcome Back Fund. From Prof. Mark Barrow, Executive Director of Place, Shropshire Council. Further to my email regarding welcome back funding, the full guidance has now been issued by Government. Colleagues are working through this now, however this appears to be more complex than we had anticipated from the letter received. The funding is European ERDF monies which as many of you may know, has quite strict boundaries, reporting and monitoring guidelines. The funding is revenue only and must also be spent by 31st March 2022. This unfortunately makes distributing the funding to Towns and Parishes directly very complex and difficult for both sides. To that affect officers are working through an approach to look at:
- What is possible to fund through this allocation
- What is feasible and deliverable in the timescales
- What will have the most impact and create the best output from the funding.
- I appreciate this isn’t the outcome we had expected but we are working to find the best solution to support the towns in Shropshire and we will come back when we have a proposal to take forward. In broad terms we are looking to retain the financial allocations as indicated and are exploring how we can work together to deliver your local aspirations but the additional guidance is going to impose some restrictions unfortunately.
- 4th to 17th May - Road Closure, Bent Lane. Forkers Civil Engineering Ltd. have been contracted by Severn Trent Water to complete trial holes work to ascertain information of existing utility / depth /ground conditions for future maintenance upgrading of the network system. During this time, we will be working in the carriageway under a road closure which advance warning signs have now been installed at the relevant locations to make local residents aware of the upcoming works. We will occupy the whole road space whilst this closure is in place, access to all driveways will be maintained at all times. Our normal working hours will be 7.00am – 6:00pm. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause but should there be any questions or problems during these works please contact myself Forkers Site Supervisor Joshua Furner on 07966775968.
- 6th May - West Mercia election of a Police and Crime Commissioner. Statement of Persons Nominated (SOPN) attached below.
- 6th May - Shropshire Council election of a Councillor for Corvedale. Notice of Poll (NOP) and Statement of Persons Nominated (SOPN) attached below.
- 6th May - Election of Parish Councillors for Abdon and Heath Parish Council. Notification of Election and Statement of Persons Nominated - attached below.
- Support Abdon Village Hall on Amazon Smile and Easy Fundraising:
- Shopping with Amazon? AmazonSmile will make a donation to Abdon Village Hall - If you purchase items through Amazon Smile they will donate 0.5% of the net purchase price (excluding VAT, returns and shipping fees) of eligible purchases to the charity. AmazonSmile is the same Amazon you know. Same products, same prices, same service. Support Abdon Village Hall by starting your shopping at https://smile.amazon.co.uk/ch/522472-0
- Shopping anywhere else? Use #easyfundraising to raise donations for Abdon Village Hall - When you sign up as a supporter, 4,400 shops and sites will donate for free, every time you shop online. This includes all the big names like eBay, John Lewis & Partners, Argos, ASOS, Expedia, M&S, Just Eat and many more!?https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/abdonvillagehall
- Corvedale News - The Corvedale News reverted to printed copies in October 2020. If you would like to subscribe please contact your nearest Distributor (see list in September Corvedale News attached below). Alternatively, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Annual cost is £7 for this year.
- Latest Parish Council minutes click here...
- Latest Planning Applications click here...
- Brown Clee Meditation Group - every Tuesday evening 7pm in Abdon Village Hall. All are welcome at no cost. A leaflet is available from Brown Clee Surgery.
- Coffee morning (cancelled for the time being) - last Saturday each month in Abdon Village Hall 10.30am to 12.30pm, except for December.
- UFO (Un Finished Objects) craft morning (cancelled for the time being) - 2nd Saturday each month at Abdon Village Hall 10.30am to 12.30pm. Bring along your unfinished projects. Join us and learn a new craft skill. Join us and teach your craft skills to someone else. Please supply your own materials. Please make a donation for refreshments. Phone Penny 712530 or Margaret 712296.
- Church services - Second and fourth Sunday of each month at St. Margaret's Church, Abdon. See the St. Margaret's Church page for details. Please see the latest Corvedale News or Corvedale Parishes Facebook page for updates. If you are not on Facebook you can Google Corvedale Parishes and see the postings.
- Parish Council meetings - usually the last Thursday in January, April, July and October in Abdon Village Hall. See the Parish Council page for details.
- Women's Institute - second Wednesday each month at Clee St.Margaret Village Hall. See the Women's Institute Page for details.
Abdon and Heath Parish Council - Marquee for hire.