Cookies

We use essential cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set analytics cookies that help us make improvements by measuring how you use the site. These will be set only if you accept.

For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our cookies page.

Essential Cookies

Essential cookies enable core functionality such as security, network management, and accessibility. For example, the selections you make here about which cookies to accept are stored in a cookie.

You may disable these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the website functions.

Analytics Cookies

We'd like to set Google Analytics cookies to help us improve our website by collecting and reporting information on how you use it. The cookies collect information in a way that does not directly identify you.

Third Party Cookies

Third party cookies are ones planted by other websites while using this site. This may occur (for example) where a Twitter or Facebook feed is embedded with a page. Selecting to turn these off will hide such content.

Skip to main content

Social

November 2019 - Beer & Skittles

Jerry Russell has booked The Walkford (pub) on Wednesday 20th November for a Men's Shed Beer & Skittles event for members and partners.  Tickets will be on sale from Friday 25th October at the CMS Mudeford Club lunch. Numbers are limited so first come....

Meal options are: (please indicate your choice when purchasing your tickets)

1.Chicken Strips & chips or salad

2.Scampi & chips or salad

3.Sausage & chips or salad

4. Burger & chips or Salad

5. Veggie Burger & chips or salad

Aug 2109 - Summer Barbeque

Many thanks to everyone who helped make the Men's Shed barbeque at Greystones House such a great day. especially to  Nick Mowll who brought his BBQ along. Jerry and Margaret Russel took leading roles in organising the food and running the BBQ  (also helped by Nick).  Margaret Russel and Margaret Finch (Peter's wife) organised the tables and seating, prepared the side dishes (salads, sweets etc).  Of course, other people helped out on the day but the fab four deserve a special mention in dispatches. 

We had super selection of raffle prizes including a lignum vitae bowling ball (quickly snapped up) a designer coat rack by Brian Vaughan and a pair of John Blakeman's turned pens. 

The two Margaret got us to part with £70 for raffle tickets and we also generated a small surplus on the ticket price which means  that , after costs, we can get the wood turning lathe fully kitted out and ready to turn!

See photographs in the picture gallery below. 

May - July 2019

On the 15th May there is a quiz at the Highcliffe Community Centre, Greystones House, Highcliffe at 2.15 p.m.  If anyone is interested you can contact me on 07736820137 and see if we can raise a team. Please note that you will also have to be a member of HCA to take part.

On July 9th the Southern Men’s Shed, has a quarterly meeting and it is being hosted by Isle of Wight Aviation Shed.  Details have yet to be finalised but I will keep you informed. 

As we are members of various Sheds in our area  (i.e., Dorset/Hampshire/W. Sussex) this is a good opportunity to meet other members and see how others are set up.

UK Men’s Shed Association are getting discount codes for the ferry booking and it would make sense to travel from Lymington. It would be good if we could take a couple of cars over.

We will be working out the best time for the ferry and assume the discount would be 5% and four to a car share the cost. There will be a donation to the organising shed  for refreshments and possibly a BBQ

We would like to firm up numbers as soon as possible please contact me on: 

07736820137 or jeffncarole@icloud.com

I look forward to hearing from you.

Jeff Perkins