Cookies

We use essential cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set analytics cookies that help us make improvements by measuring how you use the site. These will be set only if you accept.

For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our cookies page.

Essential Cookies

Essential cookies enable core functionality such as security, network management, and accessibility. For example, the selections you make here about which cookies to accept are stored in a cookie.

You may disable these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the website functions.

Analytics Cookies

We'd like to set Google Analytics cookies to help us improve our website by collecting and reporting information on how you use it. The cookies collect information in a way that does not directly identify you.

Third Party Cookies

Third party cookies are ones planted by other websites while using this site. This may occur (for example) where a Twitter or Facebook feed is embedded with a page. Selecting to turn these off will hide such content.

Skip to main content

DDC Councillors' Reports

NEWSLETTER from DDC Cllr. Mark Rose

Dear all hope this finds you all very well

- especially as we have a little more Lockdown freedom returning! 

I am unfortunately forced to exercise a much needed right to reply to recent and shocking incorrect knee jerk and personal comments made to the point of ''comedy'' or ''psychotic ranting hatred'' (readers words - not mine) over both the IBF and RBT locally, and the endless repeated scare stories and rumours that concerned residents early 2021. Some have questioned much more. 

We may have all seen the pages of garbage force fed into the community, I first heard about it from fuming residents, as the public content had been obsessively distributed against advice and fury from many supportive colleague's, creating even more false news and even more rumours - which apparently does not happen! Well obviously it does people, so let's all collectively debunk that culture, it's not welcome nor is it ever beneficial to the real DDC community or any Parish grass roots needs in the transparent 21st century. 

I could start by declaring this as the latest SCAM alert, alongside other endless alerts constantly popping up, but this is far more than a scam, it is misleading information delivered to residents everywhere. Small wonder as to why then, my objections here were ignored, such was an obsession to deliver a ranting personal rage. People were given notice in writing they would be printing insane rubbish to the community – sadly ignored. 

So, unless local government LGA guidelines or indeed our excellent DDC council reporting guidelines have changed to the North Korean Edit system with no notice to us all at DDC - no one can report and quote things as being part of any (unattended) meeting unless it was discussed as a part of the agenda and clearly minuted. None of the rubbish we have been exposed to recently, misusing my quotes, was ever on any other agenda.  

DDC would never allow criticism of individual previous noted statements unless the individual was present to respond correctly. I have not seen any historic agenda to date that states ‘Concerns and worries made to DDC councillors by local residents Jan/Feb 2021 to be discussed’ anywhere? – however the very same comments would have been correctly noted during my attended DDC meetings on IBF/RBT/A2 matters. 

So no DDC minutes reflect the latest ‘remixed’ quotes stuck on to a story now re-created, this does echo local complaints on PC minutes being re-edited post meets. It seems to be an obsessive trait

At DDC, we would 100% acknowledge, any written notices, that clearly inform DDC admin in writing that ANY information is indeed not true. Elsewhere, this seems to be ignored regardless. 

This shows us all a tasteless arrogant culture of story and rumour creation - ironically this behaviour elsewhere was also the motive for residents’ complaints and comments reported months earlier at the start of 2021, nothing to do with other hindsight meetings much later. 

So, guess what - I now find out this week I’m also in a new ever-increasing exclusive members club, the now esteemed 'everybody is wrong club', along with such great supportive members and transparent people as our local MP Natalie Elphicke, the department of transport, our supportive DDC leadership, our great transparent and correctly recorded DDC cabinet alongside the entire DDC staff team whom also record all events brilliantly.  

It's a club where we are ALL wrong and only one non DDC person is right apparently. So none of the club membership are anything to do with the recent good DDC progress of RBT or IBF/SDO plans either - it’s been egotistically stated that the real progress here was merely just down to 2 non DDC people - in a North Korean style memo handed down to us all, when we were apparently doing nothing else. Well I'm afraid the DDC public records will show an entirely differing story of debate, transparency and recorded voted agreements. 

The targeted hate and extreme bitterness recently published is a difficult read for many people and colleagues, some have suggested to me their ranting paragraphs clearly shows support and help is required , others have ignored the unacceptable hate filled misinformation (as stated online this week)  

Misinformation = when somebody, in hindsight takes comments made months ago and suddenly aligns them with their own estranged or totally unconnected (''uninvited'') events. As President Trump would repeatedly say ''No! Your False news'' pointing out his claims directly.

If you so wish you can read the full statement below with a secured permanent online virus free link.

best wishes

cllr-mark.rose@dover.gov.uk

07733 080861