Cookies

We use essential cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set analytics cookies that help us make improvements by measuring how you use the site. These will be set only if you accept.

For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our cookies page.

Essential Cookies

Essential cookies enable core functionality such as security, network management, and accessibility. For example, the selections you make here about which cookies to accept are stored in a cookie.

You may disable these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the website functions.

Analytics Cookies

We'd like to set Google Analytics cookies to help us improve our website by collecting and reporting information on how you use it. The cookies collect information in a way that does not directly identify you.

Third Party Cookies

Third party cookies are ones planted by other websites while using this site. This may occur (for example) where a Twitter or Facebook feed is embedded with a page. Selecting to turn these off will hide such content.

Skip to main content

Noticeboard

Members of HALARA (Halling Active Retirement Association), have been fundraising for SCAR (Second Chance Animal Rescue, based at Crockenhill), and at HALARA's  AGM on Friday 28 April, a cheque for £1,200.00 was presented to the charity.  The manager of the charity was unable to attend due to a sudden health issue, so Barbara Lawrence (one of our members), stepped in at the last moment to accept the cheque. Gill Morton, Chairman, presented the cheque to Barbara who had nominated the charity and had taken part in the fundraising. Barbara regularly helps out at Crockenhill, so she was the ideal person to accept the cheque for the charity.  

Halling Active Retirement Association Noticeboard
Halling Active Retirement Association Noticeboard

Charity Quiz

The Charity quiz raised £463.30 for SCAR(Second Chance Animal Rescue). A big thank you to everyone who helped and to everyone who attended and supported the event. It was a very good evening and those attending thoroughly enjoyed themselves. The quiz was won by Gill Morton's team.

Tea Trolley wanted

Hi Everyone

I don't know if you know this but the tea trolley at Jubilee Hall has suffered an injury and is no longer safe to use.  An unfortunate lady from another club slipped and fell on the trolley resulting in a bent leg (on the trolley, not the lady!!).  Luckily she was ok.  

Anyway, I wondered if anyone has a tea trolley that sits in the corner of their room unused but in too good a condition to throw away.  Well, this could be the answer.  If you are willing to donate it to the Hall then it would be gratefully accepted.  

The trolley has proved to be very useful when serving the tea to members at Monthly Meetings and at the Art Class.  I would add that I have been compared to Mrs. Overall from Acorn Antiques when I'm pushing the tea trolley - it must be the yellow Marigold gloves.😀

Many thanks for your help.  

Good Wishes

Carole 

Unused bags of Bowls 

During a recent tidy-up by the Short Mat Bowls players they found a number of unused bags of Bowls stored at the Community Centre.  We believe they belong to members who are no longer with us and the Committee thought we should try to trace any relatives of the late members who might like to decide the fate of the bowls.  If you have any family connection to the following names, please contact by email: halasec21@gmail.com or by phone: 01634 716 049.

Names of Late Members

June Court

Betty Hodkins

G Major

LB (just had initials on the bag)

Peter Bridges or Bridger.