Hannington Parish Council, Hampshire
1. Budget, Grants and Precept
The Council, at its meeting 8th December 2015 to discuss financial monitoring 2015-16 and Budget 2016-17, deferred discussion on the Budget 2016-17 to a Special Parish Council meeting (held 12th January 2016) at which a separate report was received on the appropriate level of remuneration for the Parish Clerk, and what effect such a review might have on the level of Precept 2016/17. The timing of the Special meeting was guided by the BDBC deadline of 31st January 2016 for the submission of Parish Precept and Grant Application Forms.
FINANCIAL REPORT TO HANNINGTON PARISH COUNCIL 12TH JAN 2016 PURPOSE OF REPORT
1. To inform the Parish Council of the latest Projected Outturn 2015/16: based on information as at 31 December 2015,
2. To provide a Draft Budget 2016/17, for approval
3. To seek agreement from the Parish Council to the requests for the Precept and Grants 2016/17 from BDBC
MINUTES OF JAN 2016 MEETING AGREEING BUDGET 2016 AND PRECEPT REQUEST, and the BUDGET 2016-17 SPREADSHEET
2. Financial Monitoring
Extract from Minute 15.b May 2016 Council meeting - "The Clerk did not provide a Revised Budget (Financial Monitoring Statement) [to the May 2016 meeting] as the only material change [to the report in February 2016] had been the successful application for £500 grant towards the set-up costs for the Parish Council electronic web page and library, which would be offset by equivalent costs during the year."
Below are copies of the Cover reports and the Financial Monitoring Statements for the THREE Council meetings held in Sept 2016, December 2016, and February 2017.
3. Final Accounts and Audit Reports
Below is a list of the documents required,by the Internal Auditors for their completion of the audit. The list has been annotated to show the dates at which the various documents were sent by the Clerk. The list includes all the Statements and Supporting Papers including a copy of the Cash Book showing ALL the transactions in the year.
The draft Final Accounts 2016-17 will be presented to the Parish Council meeting on 9th May 2017 as Agenda Item 15.a, for approval. Copies of the core documents are available below. As of 25th April, they include:-
* list of documents required by internal audit,
* 15.a.(i) Response to internal auditors on actions taken by Parish Council on their FOUR recommendations following from their audit of 2015-16,
* 15.a.(ii) Draft Final Accounts 2016-17... Financial Statement, with explanations of the variances between Outturn and Budget,
* 15.a.(iii) Cash Book 2016-17 transactions; receipts and payments
* 15.a.(iv) Fixed Asset Register as at 31st March 2017
* 15.a.(v) Annual Return: Section 1 - Annual Governance Statement copies of draft Sections 1 and 2 of the Annual Return - external auditor
* 15.a.(vi) Annual Return: Section 2 - Accounting Statements plus a copy of the draft Final Accounts 2016-17... the Financial Statement [15.a.(ii)] has been reformatted to meet external audit requirements for grouping receipts and payments with explanations of the differences between the Outturn 2016-17 and the Outturn 2015-16 (external audit requirement).
Attached is a copy of the initial report of the Internal Auditor's Report for 2016-7 plus a copy of the Clerk's responses. An amended version of the Internal Auditor's Report is to be issued, but has not been received as of 15th June.
In addition to Internal Audit, the Parish Council is also scrutinised by the Government appointed 'External Auditors'. Included within their control documents is a Section to be completed by the Internal Auditors. Sections 1 and 2 of the completed Annual Return (see attachments below titled 15.a.(v)) are attached. The completed Annual return with the Internal Auditor's section completed was posted to the external auditors on 15th June.
Public Inspection of Accounts 2016-17
A key element of 'public scrutiny' is the ability of the public to 'inspect' the Council's Accounts. Accordingly, the public are informed by way of this statement, that the Accounts are available for inspection for a period of 30 working days from 15th June 2017 to 24th July 2017 between the hours of 10.00 to 16.00 on weekdays. If you wish to inspect the accounts, please contact the Clerk, Chris Pottinger by phone: 01256 780136 or by email: email@example.com to make an appointment.
All Councils are required to publish the following information (online through a website is acceptable):
a. All items of expenditure above £100 (see extract of Cash Book attached)
b. Final Accounts 2016-17
c. Annual Governance Statements (also known as the Annual Return)
d. Internal Audit Report
e. List of Parish Councillors responsibilities. NOTE: the Parish Council has NOT delegated any responsibilities to individual councillors. However, some Cllrs had 'lead' responsibilities on certain topics e.g. Cllr Janusz Hertz (Broadband), Cllrs Clare Kinnear and Karin Jardine-Brown (footpaths).
f. Details of public land and building assets. Following the successful transfer in the year of the Registration from Kingsclere PC to Hannington Parish Council in the year, the latter now has 'ownership' of the village green. Details can be found on the website under 'Village Green'.