We use essential cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set analytics cookies that help us make improvements by measuring how you use the site. These will be set only if you accept.

For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our cookies page.

Essential Cookies

Essential cookies enable core functionality such as security, network management, and accessibility. For example, the selections you make here about which cookies to accept are stored in a cookie.

You may disable these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the website functions.

Analytics Cookies

We'd like to set Google Analytics cookies to help us improve our website by collecting and reporting information on how you use it. The cookies collect information in a way that does not directly identify you.

Third Party Cookies

Third party cookies are ones planted by other websites while using this site. This may occur (for example) where a Twitter or Facebook feed is embedded with a page. Selecting to turn these off will hide such content.

Skip to main content


VACANCIES: Hanslope Parish Council has 2 vacancies due to resignation. Please see attached Notice of Vacancy

Next PC meeting. The next meeting of the Parish Council will be on Monday 11th September 2023 at 7pm in the Community Hall on the Rec. Ground. All meeting dates published below/attached.

Hedges obstructing roads footpaths and pavements: The owner of each hedge is responsible for keeping the hedge clear of roads footpaths and pavements and street lights. The City Council has produced a leaflet explaining your responsibilities when trees, hedges and shrubs overhang on the highway which you can find attached below.

Notice of Conclusion of Audit 2022-23: Attached below

Hanslope Community Hall at the Rec. Ground now open for bookings.  Local groups particularly welcome.  Capacity 100. Photos attached below.

Notice of the Period of Elector's Rights, 2022-23 Accounts: Notice attached below

Fireworks - Statement from the Parish Council: The parish council has agreed the following policy re. the use of fireworks "Hanslope Parish council land cannot be used at any time, by private individuals, for the use of fireworks. The council urges residents to follow Government guidelines and be mindful of both livestock and wildlife in what is essentially a rural area. Use of 'silent' fireworks is suggested".

Wheeled Bin Roll Out across all MKC Areas: Details from our Wheeled Bin info evening attached below

2nd Defibrillator for the village: Hanslope now has a 2nd defibrillator, located on the wall of the Mission Hall at 39 Hartwell Road, Long Street. It is on the outer wall facing the main road.

New Outdoor Gym: The new outdoor adult gym at the Rec. Ground is now open for use by all. For optimum use, log in to the Proludic App for instructions etc. QR code and app details on each machine. Happy exercising!

Change to Wheeled Bins: With next year's move by MKC to wheeled bins across the Borough. If you feel your street may be an issue, Please contact MK Council.

Hanslope Neighbourhood Plan Review: Hanslope's NP, adopted October 2019 has been able to influence a significant number of planning and development decisions by MK Council Planning Authority. Now, however, it is in need of review and update, to ensure this remains the case. A Steering Committee is undertaking this review and documents can be found on the Neighbourhood Plan section of this website.

Speeding: We are often asked what the parish council is doing about speeding.  It is worth noting that parish councils have no powers to address speeding and as such, there is very little we can do, other than talk to the Highways Authority (MK Council in our case).  This then depends on how much they listen and then respond. We have been in constant contact with MKC but sadly, progress is very slow.  This is what we are doing: - 

 - Applied for white 'village gates' as a measure to slow cars coming into the village at each entrance. We are paying for this ourselves. Report attached.

- Operate a Speed Indicator Device, on at least one road into and out of the village.  This is reported on at PC meetings and the data sent to TVP, who are the enforcement authority for speeding (data attached below). SID displays and records speeds but not registration numbers. Some drivers are reminded of the speed limit and slow down.

- Requested Data Collection Strips be installed on Castlethorpe Road with a view to at least more signage and marking to slow down.

- Regularly badger MKC as to why the promised speed bumps and zebra crossing have not yet been installed on Long Street.

Contact details for the officers concerned are available on request.  You can also contact your Ward Councillors to ask what MKC are doing.

Affordable Housing - Some affordable housing is available on the new Hayfield Estate on Castlethorpe Road, to those with a 'strong local connection'.  Please see advice attached from MK Council.

Please can we remind people again, that dogs are to be kept on leads in the Recreation Ground? This is for the safety of other people and other dogs but also so that dog owners are aware of when their dog is relieving itself. In these dark evenings we are now seeing increased incidents of owners not 'realising', making it unsafe for children, football players and other Rec. Users. Thank you for your consideration to all.

Reporting issues to the parish council: Please email the clerk on or phone 07383 091319.  These should be issues that come under the powers of the parish council.  For all other issues - see below and attached guide.  Postings on social media can not be considered.

Report a Problem: Reports for faulty street lights, pot holes, roadworks issues, obscured signage, overgrown hedges, flooding etc should be directed to MKC via this link:

Flooding advisory: Advice in the event of flooding is attached.

Message from our local PCSO: Phone 101 and report any problems with anti-social behaviour, abandoned vehicles etc. Then the PCSO can go and investigate. No matter how small the crime is, residents must call it in to 101 and then the PCSO will be instructed to deal with it. If we as a village don't call in crimes/issues, it will be presumed that all is a haven of peace. We might even have our new PCSO diverted elsewhere and we need him here. Thanks.

Website Accessibility: Please see below our website accessibility statement

Hanslope Parish Council

Who to contact Who to contact
Who to contact Who to contact
Community Hall Community Hall
Community Hall Community Hall
Community Hall Kitchen Community Hall Kitchen