Cookies

We use essential cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set analytics cookies that help us make improvements by measuring how you use the site. These will be set only if you accept.

For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our cookies page.

Essential Cookies

Essential cookies enable core functionality such as security, network management, and accessibility. For example, the selections you make here about which cookies to accept are stored in a cookie.

You may disable these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the website functions.

Analytics Cookies

We'd like to set Google Analytics cookies to help us improve our website by collecting and reporting information on how you use it. The cookies collect information in a way that does not directly identify you.

Third Party Cookies

Third party cookies are ones planted by other websites while using this site. This may occur (for example) where a Twitter or Facebook feed is embedded with a page. Selecting to turn these off will hide such content.

Skip to main content

Safe Places Scheme

Hedgerley Parish Council Safe Places Scheme

Safe Place Scheme

helps vulnerable people be more independent

The Safe Place Scheme, which has run for the last five years in Bucks, is a partnership between Buckinghamshire County Council, Wycombe, Aylesbury Vale and Chiltern and South Bucks District Councils, Thames Valley Police and many local voluntary organisations.

By enlisting the help of local businesses and organisations the scheme provides a safe haven for vulnerable residents when they are out in their communities. The local providers of the scheme give reassurance to vulnerable people and their families and carers so that they have a safe way to alert someone of a potential risk or emergency if they are out alone.

These are some comments from users of the scheme:-

“Makes people feel protected.”

“It encourages me to come out on my own.”

“Makes me feel like I am part of my town.”

“I think the Safe Place Scheme is a great idea because it makes the town more safe

for  people…….it just makes sense!”

Many of the existing safe places are restaurants, smaller local shops, banks, building societies, estate agents, chemists or libraries, all familiar places to many vulnerable people. Staff will be shown how to assist someone asking for help and are supported by the Community Safety team.

Safe Places are easily identified by their scheme sticker which is usually placed in a front window or on the entrance door.

You can find a list of the current Safe Places in Chiltern and South Bucks at :- www.chiltern.gov.uk/safeplace    and www.southbucks.gov.uk/safeplace or

on the Buckinghamshire County Council website www.buckscc.gov.uk/safeplace

Contact the Chiltern District Council and South Bucks District Council’s  Community Safety Team  on 01494  586535

or email  communitysafety@chiltern.gov.uk 

if you wish to provide a Safe Place for the scheme.

Hedgerley Parish Council Safe Places Scheme