Accept and Continue

Cookies on this site

This site uses cookies. For more information, please see our privacy policy.
Skip to main content

Home

WELCOME TO THE MERSHAM PARISH COUNCIL WEBSITE

 

IN LINE WITH GOVERNMENT GUIDELINES, THE PARISH COUNCIL IS NOT ABLE TO MEET ON 19TH APRIL AS THE PERIOD OF NATIONAL MOURNING DOES NOT PROVIDE SUFFICIENT NOTICE FOR THE MEETING.  THIS MEETING IS, THEREFORE, CANCELLED

Mersham is a small village 3 miles east of Ashford (pop. 1022 at the last Census).  It was owned by the Archbishops of Canterbury for over 500 years.  St. John Baptist Church stands on an Anglo-Saxon site and is part Norman.  The village has two water mills on the East Stour river, one of which is still working and open to the public.  Hatch Park, to the north of the parish, is an ancient deer park and Site of Special Scientific Interest.

Mersham Parish Council was formerly joined with Sevington as a joint Parish Council but following a consultation, Ashford Borough Council approved the separation of the 2 very diverse parishes resulting in 2 separate Parish Councils.