The Mickleham and Westhumble Horticultural Society is the gardening society for Mickleham and Westhumble and is affiliated to the Royal Horticultural Society (RHS).
We provide friendly, local support and encouragement for gardening based on a tradition spanning more a century.
- organise village shows (in July in even years and in April and September in odd years—the order changed after the pandemic);
- hold plant sales;
- support the local Garden Shed club that provides many fascinating gardening events—Garden Shed members can also enter the Shows (except the gardens section);
- publish articles in the Parish Magazine and local newspapers;
- support a range of other gardening activities for the community (such as Open Garden days).
We have around 200 members.
In odd-numbered years the Society holds shows in April (together with the AGM) and September. In evennumbered years a plant sale is held in April (together with the AGM) and a show is held in July.
The next show is on 11th September.
The shows are held in Mickleham Village Hall, Dell Close, Mickleham. They are open to anyone living within two miles of Mickleham Church and to children attending a school or nursery in the same area. Everyone is welcome whatever their standard.
- Mickleham Village Hall
Annual membership costs £3 (although we welcome larger donations!). Membership includes the following benefits:
- free entry to classes and the show (entry is also open to Garden Shed members);
- free entry to an annual raffle for a £50 National Garden Gift Voucher;
- access to a wealth of local gardening support, information and friends.
If you would like to join, please contact Frank Warren at: email@example.com, 01306 881270
The committee has the following membership:
- Chairman: David Kennington, 01372 362309, firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Entry Secretary: Angela Gilchrist, 01306 884613, email@example.com;
- Treasurer: Sarah Blake, 07736 235709, firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Membership Secretary: Frank Warren, 01306 881270, email@example.com;
- Secretary: Paul Walton, 01306 883140, firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Committee members: Judy Kinloch, Jonathan Blake, Judith Long, Pauline Davis, Karen Beck.