NUTHALL BOWLS CLUB
President: Geoff Lillycrapp
Chairman: Brian Watson – 0115 9135087 (home), O7757950043(mob)
Secretary and fixture secretary: Nigel Dodd – 01159763663 (home), 07908615354 (mob)
Nuthall Bowls Club was founded in 1959 shortly after the facilities at the playing fields at Maple Drive, Nuthall were opened. Formerly called Nuthall Temple Bowls Club, in 2001 it amalgamated with Northern Bowls Club and renamed Nuthall Northern. The word “Northern” was dropped from the name in 2017 as it bore no connection with the parish and only three members from that former club remained.
The green, and its immediate surroundings, have since 2016 been leased from the owners of the (now named) Basil Russell Playing Fields, Nuthall Parish Council, and maintained solely by the club members. We believe the green is now one of the best performing surfaces in the county and has regularly received compliments from visiting players. We have a small pavilion which enables us to provide refreshments for players and spectators on match days.
We currently compete in five leagues which provide our relatively small number of players with plenty of competitive games throughout the outdoor season. In addition we hold regular club nights on Thursdays (6.30) and warmly welcome anyone, no matter how inexperienced they may be, to come along and have a go at the game. We have a wide range of woods available for use by visitors and our members would be happy to provide tuition and support.
Casual players are also welcome but as there is no permanent presence at the park we ask that you telephone one of the numbers given below so we can arrange for the green and pavilion to be open.
Brian Watson: 07757950043
Nigel Dodd: 079086153534
Pete Sidebottom: 07722238020
Basil Russell Playing Fields, NG16 1EH
- Nuthall Bowls Club