Ash Bowling Club General Data Protection Policy
What personal information do we collect?
When you express an interest in becoming a member of the Club you will be asked to provide certain information. This includes:
- Home address.
- Email address.
- Telephone number.
- Date of Birth (if likely to enter age related competitions)
- Emergency Contact.
- Members health details if relevant and required
How do we collect this personal information?
All the information collected is obtained directly from you. This is usually at the point of your initial membership application. Subsequently, the information will be collected via membership renewal forms, online contact forms or from personal interview by coaches. At the point that you first provide your personal information for membership purposes, we will also request that you provide consent for us to store and use your data via a signature. This request will also made on annual renewal. Your consent is required to ensure our compliance with data protection legislation.
How do we use your personal information?
We use your personal information:
- To provide our Club activities and services to you.
- For administration, planning and management of our Club.
- To aid any coaching sessions you have engage in.
- To communicate with you about your Club activities.
- To monitor, develop and improve the provision of our Club activities.
- To confirm your age for age related competitions if relevant
We’ll send you messages by email, other digital methods, telephone, and post to advise you of Club activities.
Who do we share your personal information with?
We may disclose information about you, including your personal information:
- Internally - to committee members, coaches and playing team leaders – as required to facilitate your participation in Club activities.
- Externally – where we use an external membership management system and with your consent for products or services. Where such systems are used, the committee has scrutinised the Terms and Conditions of each supplier and judged that their digital and physical systems and procedures are secure.
- Externally – to the National Governing Body and to Kent Bowls Associations and subsidiary associations, such as the Association of Kent Bowls Coaches. This is used for affiliation purposes and to be able to inform you regarding bowls related activities outside the immediate Club.
- If we have a statutory duty to disclose it for other legal and regulatory reasons.
- Where we need to share your information outside of the Club and beyond that stated above, we will seek your permission and inform you as to who the information will be shared with and for what purpose.
How long do we keep your personal information?
We need to keep your information so that we can provide our services to you. In most instances information about your membership will not be stored for longer than 12 months. The exceptions to this are instances where there may be legal or insurance circumstances that require information to be held for longer whilst this is investigated or resolved. Where this is the case then the member/s will be informed as to how long the information will be held for and when it is deleted.
How your information can be updated or corrected
To ensure the information we hold is accurate and up to date, members need to inform the Club as to any changes to their personal information. You can do this by contacting the membership secretary at any time:
On an annual basis you will have the opportunity to update your information, as required, via the membership renewal form. Should you wish to view the information that the Club holds on you, you can make this request by contacting the membership secretary – as detailed above. There may be certain circumstances where we are not able to comply with this request. This would include where the information may contain references to other individuals or for legal, investigative or security reasons. Otherwise, we will usually respond within 14 days of the request being made.
How do we store your personal information?
We have in place a range of security safeguards to protect your personal information against loss or theft, as well as unauthorised access, disclosure, copying, use, or modification.
Your membership information is held on a database/spreadsheet/external membership management system by the club secretary.
The data stored is reviewed annually. Old and incorrect data is deleted from the system and from any backups
Availability and changes to this policy
This policy is available from the club secretary. This policy may change from time to time. If we make any material changes, we will make members aware of this via email/ club newsletter / at Meetings/ on Notice Boards