Cookies

We use essential cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set analytics cookies that help us make improvements by measuring how you use the site. These will be set only if you accept.

For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our cookies page.

Essential Cookies

Essential cookies enable core functionality such as security, network management, and accessibility. For example, the selections you make here about which cookies to accept are stored in a cookie.

You may disable these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the website functions.

Analytics Cookies

We'd like to set Google Analytics cookies to help us improve our website by collecting and reporting information on how you use it. The cookies collect information in a way that does not directly identify you.

Third Party Cookies

Third party cookies are ones planted by other websites while using this site. This may occur (for example) where a Twitter or Facebook feed is embedded with a page. Selecting to turn these off will hide such content.

Skip to main content

Simon Ball - Photography

East Woodhay Village Hall Simon Ball - Photography

My first camera was a Box Brownie, given to me by my Granny. I have been taking photographs for most of my life, mainly for my own pleasure and the enjoyment of producing images for my own use and to give to family members.

I started producing more images for sale to members of the public several years ago following requests to buy my work.

I have a great love of the wilder parts of our small but unique island and am happy to spend days alone just trying to interpret nature in all her moods.

I like to get the image correct in camera, as opposed to snapping away then having to spend a lot of time trying to save the image in the computer.

I love to try new ways to create an image in camera not manipulated in the computer. Recently I have been trying ICM (intentional camera movement) although this goes against all the old ideas of keeping the camera rock steady, but some very pleasing images can be made.  But I guess my main aim is to enjoy my photography and if what I produce pleases others, all the better.

All of my images are limited to 25 copies only, as the intention is to move on and create more images.

I do all my own printing to Giclee standard, mounting and framing, so the finished piece is 100% my own work.

I hope you enjoy my images as much as I enjoy producing them.

If you would like to purchase one of the images on display here in East Woodhay Village Hall please contact:

Simon Ball Tel: 07570 796147 Email: ballrichard503@gmail..com

(Please quote the name of the photo)

Simon's photographs are available to view during events that are open to the public eg Community Open Days, Markets, Jumble sales etc.