Eastling Parish Council
Here are a few of the current scams in circulation nationally and internationally:
- Door-to-door scam where a visitor claims to be from the Health Authority to test you for Covid-19. You do not have to open your door to anyone you don’t know and aren’t expecting.
- Telephone scam where someone claiming to work for the police, hospital, a bank or other service cold calls and says they are raising money or require payment for a local cause or service. Never respond to an unexpected call by giving away cash, cards, PINs, bank details or personal information – no matter how tempting or convincing the caller may seem.
- Text or Email scams asking you to click on a link in order to obtain a Covid Passport and requesting payment and/or asking for your personal and financial data. Remember Covid Passports are free of charge and the NHS would never request a payment or ask for financial/personal data.
- Text and email scams claiming to be from HMRC, saying you are eligible for a tax refund. Never click a link or give out your bank details or personal information in response to an unsolicited email or text – no matter how tempting or convincing the message may seem.
- Text and email scams offering a separate covid test for Omicron, which requests that you click on a link and then requests a payment and/or personal and financial data. Remember Covid PCR and Lateral flow tests are free of charge from the NHS and they would never request a payment or ask for personal/financial data.
If you receive a suspicious email then forward to firstname.lastname@example.org and suspicious text messages to 7726 (SPAM).
- Never assume or believe a message or offer is genuine – always confirm by contacting a trusted number or team like Action Fraud, a family member, friend or your bank’s fraud department to check.
- Report scams at www.actionfraud.police.uk – and contact your bank’s fraud team straight away if any money or bank details have been handed over.
- Get the latest scam advice by following @KentPoliceECU or @Kent_Police on twitter.
- 01622 739324
Find Eastling Parish Council
Eastling, Faversham, Kent