Cookies

We use essential cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set analytics cookies that help us make improvements by measuring how you use the site. These will be set only if you accept.

For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our cookies page.

Essential Cookies

Essential cookies enable core functionality such as security, network management, and accessibility. For example, the selections you make here about which cookies to accept are stored in a cookie.

You may disable these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the website functions.

Analytics Cookies

We'd like to set Google Analytics cookies to help us improve our website by collecting and reporting information on how you use it. The cookies collect information in a way that does not directly identify you.

Third Party Cookies

Third party cookies are ones planted by other websites while using this site. This may occur (for example) where a Twitter or Facebook feed is embedded with a page. Selecting to turn these off will hide such content.

Skip to main content

February Update

10th February 2024

Hi Everyone

Good luck to the Flood Wardens who are attending the Community Flood Signage Scheme today at Castle House, Newark.

This will allow the designated roads in the village to be closed with suitable signage during flooding. It also gives the Flood Wardens, who are voluntary, extra powers to prevent vehicles driving through flood water. Safely closing roads susceptible to flooding and preventing potential accidents. 

The Flood Wardens play a vitiable role and thank you all.

I would also like to thank David Armiger; he has very generously agreed to prepare the Epperstone Flood Plan. This is a very important document as it forms a comprehensive and informative plan of action containing essential information. These all-important documents exist to help prepare you for the worst, if flooding were to occur, the flood plan will be able to tell you what to do and who to call.

Its a checklist of actions to complete.  David has issued a draft and we hope to finalise this in the next few weeks. 

I would also like to thank David Galbraith, he is compiling a list of equipment that may be made of use during a flood event, pumps and pressure washers, as example.

If anyone is willing to assist with cleaning any damage associated with flooding in any homes this would be appreciated and if you can contact David directly that would be very useful. We can use this information in the Flood Plan so if you agree contact details would appear in the document. 

I have no updates on Severn Trent and the issues of the treated effluent water from  the Calverton Water Treatment Works. I have no updates on the Environment Agency and the maintainence of the Dover Beck.  I never heard from the Internal Drainage Board; they do not reply to any emails. I will continue to chase these agencies and will update with any news once they respond.

VIA, East Midlands , are hoping to repair and update drainage pipes located at  Lowdham Road and Main Street. No date has been given but I understand it will be after March 2024. This is not associated to the recent works of Severn Trent. 

Apologies for the new email address, this is a temporary , my provider has server issues, which seem to be taking an age to fix...  If you wish to respond, can you use this email please. 

regards and thanks

Michelle Home