Cookies

We use essential cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set analytics cookies that help us make improvements by measuring how you use the site. These will be set only if you accept.

For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our cookies page.

Essential Cookies

Essential cookies enable core functionality such as security, network management, and accessibility. For example, the selections you make here about which cookies to accept are stored in a cookie.

You may disable these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the website functions.

Analytics Cookies

We'd like to set Google Analytics cookies to help us improve our website by collecting and reporting information on how you use it. The cookies collect information in a way that does not directly identify you.

Third Party Cookies

Third party cookies are ones planted by other websites while using this site. This may occur (for example) where a Twitter or Facebook feed is embedded with a page. Selecting to turn these off will hide such content.

Skip to main content

January Update (4)

25th January 2024

Hi All

Please find attached a response from the Environment Agency in reply to recent emails.

This is positive but lacks information and falls short of expectation. Simply Tree and Hedge cutting is not going to make that much of a difference. We need dredging to ensure a better flow and capacity. Severn Trent agreed this in an email from Daniel Borst. We met with him last week.

I have replied to the Environment Agency and lodged a formal complaint.

As always, I  will offer any  update once I have news.

A big thanks to Dan, Gordon, and Onyx for investigating and resolving the blockage around the Order Beck Bridge, well done and thank you.

We need riparian owners of ditches located around the village to continue this good work.

Regards

Michelle Home

From: EMDenquiries <EMDenquiries@environment-agency.gov.uk>
Sent: Thursday, January 25, 2024 2:28 PM
To: michelle@kangatek.co.uk
Subject: GE-27237 Response

Good afternoon,

Thank you for contacting us following Storm Babet, please find attached our response to your general enquiries – please accept our sincere apologies for the delay in providing this information.

Kind regards,

Ellie Weston

Customers and Engagement Team
Environment Agency | Trentside Offices, Scarrington Road, West Bridgford, Nottingham, NG2 5FA

EMDenquiries@environment-agency.gov.uk
External: 02084 747770

Pronouns: she/her (why is this here?)

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Friday, January 12, 2024 7:03 PM

To: Cooper, Richard <richard.cooper@environment-agency.gov.uk>

Subject: Re: Escalated

Hi Richard

I have to disagree.

The Beck is lacking maintenance.

We take water from Woodborough, Oxton, Calverton Water Treatment works. The license  for the Water Treatment water is granted by the Emviroment Agency and the volume is uncapped.

The Beck is lacking maintenance and we need an agreement in place to review this. . If the Enviroment Agency is happy to allow water from Severn Trent In a watercourse that can not cope I need to make a formal complaint.

This is unfair.

The same water does to Gonalston, Hoveringham and Caythorpe. All villages who suffered flooding.

Rain is a contributing factor and not the main cause.

Please advise who I can escalate   this to. It would be appreciated to know.

Please be aware the water at Woodborough comes to Epperstone.

We are steadily increasing to a dumping ground with 3ft 9 inches of water.

Maintaining the water course is the paramount factor.

Perhaps a proactive view is better than reactive.

Thank you.

Michelle Home

Sent from my iPhone

> On 12 Jan 2024, at 18:41, Cooper, Richard <richard.cooper@environment-agency.gov.uk> wrote:

>

> Hi Michelle

>

> I apologise for not responding sooner.  It's been rather busy unfortunately.

>

> Maintenance on a main river such as the Dover Beck in your area comes under the Asset Performance team in my organisation.  I've spoken to them a couple of times & I know they are formulating some works.  I've asked them to contact you to give you an update.

>

> I would add that pretty much all of our area that we cover (Derbyshire, Leicestershire & Nottinghamshire) has flooded one way or another from Storm's Babet & Henk.  We need to focus & prioritise our effort on those communities who have suffered the most internal flooding & with the greatest risk from flooding from main river.

>

> For Epperstone, I know properties flooded internally & really empathise with those homeowners, but these will have been from ordinary watercourse that Nottinghamshire county council look after (https://eur03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.nottinghamshire.gov.uk%2Fplanning-and-environment%2Fflooding-help-and-advice&data=05%7C02%7CEMDenquiries%40environment-agency.gov.uk%7C7e4874bc8f5a45ba90d208dc1b47ff02%7C770a245002274c6290c74e38537f1102%7C0%7C0%7C638415243228847669%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000%7C%7C%7C&sdata=EYX9xPEr5l7Rcf%2BYRoGOd3jRiA8GY7KhCdixXUvMcwQ%3D&reserved=0).

>

> Best wishes

> Rich

>

> Richard Cooper MSc, MCIWEM

> Partnerships & Strategic Overview Team Leader - Notts & Tidal Trent

> FCRM Environment Agency Trentside Offices Scarrington Road Nottingham,

> NG2 5BR

>

> My incident role = Area Base Controller

>

>