Leicester Banks Bowls Club is part of the Sports Club of the same name, which is possibly the oldest club of its type located within the city. Its origins can be traced to a meeting at the now defunct Bell Hotel in January 1878, There were several Banks represented, many which have long since departed. In 1928 the present ground of more than four and a half acres was aquired by the (then) big five Banks.
Bowls has been played on part of the present ground since 1928, and in the ensuing years The Bank's Bowls Club has established an enviable reputation for the quality of its green, its friendship and hospitality, and the attractiveness of its varied fixture list. Altogether considered to be “a good club to be in.”
Applications for membership of the Bowls section would be welcomed irrespective of age, sex or ability, but a congenial personality is a great help. For total new-comers to the game, bowls can be borrowed at the club, and tuition received on most Saturday mornings.
For many people bowls has proved a turning point in their lives, with participation in a healthy, not too physically demanding sport, and the making of new friendships.
Interested ? Go along to the green ( entrance from the car park alongside the B.P. Petrol station on Aylestone Road, ) or phone one of the following.
David Hewitt :- 01162236881 or Mob 07970421632 :- Recruitment
Jeff Lewitt :- 0116 2834357 or Mob 07963002182 :- Information
Please see Officers for Team Information