Parish Council Meetings - Covid-19
Details of the next Manston Parish Council Meeting - Monday 8th November - 7pm Manston Village Hall
We are working closely with Public Health England and the local NHS to respond to the situation. Public Health England is currently contacting people who may have had close contact with the confirmed case. Close contacts will be given health advice about symptoms and emergency contact details to use if they become unwell in the 14 days after they had contact with the confirmed case. This tried and tested method will ensure that any risk to them is minimised and the wider public is protected.
Public Health England and the NHS are well-prepared to deal with coronavirus and the priority is to safeguard local communities which sometimes involves taking preventative measures to help reduce the risk of further cases. The UK is well prepared for these types of incidents and there is rapid and effective testing undertaken by PHE for this virus. The NHS has expert teams of highly-trained staff and specialist hospital units around the country ready to receive and care for any patients with any highly infectious disease.
Public Health England are updating the GOV.UK website daily with the latest information.
Prevent coronavirus spreading
There are things we can all do to help stop viruses like coronavirus spreading:
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- put used tissues in the bin immediately
- wash your hands with soap and water often – use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
- do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean.