Hall's History
Peppard War Memorial Hall – Timeline
1921
Built by public subscription as a living memorial to those from the parish who lost their lives in the First World War.
1929–1934
Becomes a thriving community hub, with the formation of the Bowls Club and the addition of a stage and dressing rooms to support performances and events.
1939–1950s
At the heart of village life during and after the Second World War, hosting celebrations, social events and regular film nights.
1962
Registered as a charity, securing its future for community use.
1960s–1990s
Continues as the centre for local clubs, societies and events, supported by a volunteer committee of trustees.
2000s–Present
A sustained, rolling programme of improvements transforms the hall, including upgrades to the kitchen, heating, insulation, accessibility, and technology, alongside major projects such as the roof replacement.
Today
The hall is managed by a volunteer committee of trustees drawn from its user groups, ensuring it remains responsive to the community’s needs. Their ongoing commitment to maintenance and improvement has made Peppard War Memorial Hall one of the best-kept and most actively used village halls in the area, while continuing to honour its original purpose as a living memorial.