AGM and Presentations evening Saturday 20th November - Photos. Click here
Postponed Rivermead indoor match (17th Oct) has been re-scheduled for 6th February 2022. Contact Wendy for details.
Indoor match against Oxford City & County is scheduled for 6th March 2022. More details nearer the time.
Please note that Rink Bookings are Essential for Play.
To book please contact Roger Pitcher on 01491 575566 or 07949 429192 or email.
We are open for play BUT please read and apply the Club Policy on Covid-19 (below) to keep everybody safe from COVID-19.
Shiplake Village Bowling Club Policy regarding Covid 19 (from 19th July 2021)
With the government restrictions being lifted from 19th July, your committee have revised the Club Covid policy from that date. However, it is absolutely vital that we proceed with caution; the pandemic is not over and we cannot yet revert to life as it was before Covid.
- Dress code – We will revert to whites for weekend matches and greys for midweek (evening) matches.
- Rinks – We will continue to play a maximum of 4 triples in home matches until the end of this season.
- It will be virtually impossible to enforce the wearing of masks as it is no longer mandatory. We will however have a number of notices saying that we would appreciate the wearing of masks when not seated. We will continue to provide snacks and drinks using order slips as at present. We will abolish the one way system.
- Changing rooms – The changing rooms will be open and have a similar sign about masks as the clubhouse with an added “maximum of 6 persons please”
- Mats and jacks - We will go back to using one jack and one mat (at each end) with sanitiser close by. Players should still not touch others' bowls. Jacks, mats, pushers and scoreboards should be sanitised after use.
- Symptoms - Players should not come to the club if suffering from flu symptoms, coughs or colds and should still sanitise their hands on arrival at the Club and at departure.
Location of Green and Clubhouse
Upon arrival at the location marked on the map below, park in the Memorial Hall car park and walk south along the edge of the recreation ground. You will find us on your left, immediately after the tennis courts.
Shiplake Village Bowling Club