Cookies

We use essential cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set analytics cookies that help us make improvements by measuring how you use the site. These will be set only if you accept.

For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our cookies page.

Essential Cookies

Essential cookies enable core functionality such as security, network management, and accessibility. For example, the selections you make here about which cookies to accept are stored in a cookie.

You may disable these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the website functions.

Analytics Cookies

We'd like to set Google Analytics cookies to help us improve our website by collecting and reporting information on how you use it. The cookies collect information in a way that does not directly identify you.

Third Party Cookies

Third party cookies are ones planted by other websites while using this site. This may occur (for example) where a Twitter or Facebook feed is embedded with a page. Selecting to turn these off will hide such content.

Skip to main content

Gill Morrison

"Give it a try. You won't regret it." Hydrotherapy user, Gill, writes about her experience of aquatic physiotherapy at St George’s.  

“I have been going to the hydrotherapy pool for nearly a year.  It has been so helpful.  When I first attended, I looked at the exercise books [available for you to use] to help me know what to do in the water, as the physio had just stopped attending.  

Since September 2018, Lee, a physiotherapist, and sometimes Hattie, come on a Friday morning to help people use the pool more effectively.  You are given exercises that are geared for you.  This has been so helpful.  Only four people attend each hour and you are usually in the water for half an hour.  The physios really help you as an individual and show you what to do to help you make an improvement to your movements.  I have attended this session regularly since it started up again.  You pay £20 a session.  I cannot recommend it highly enough.

My husband decided to start coming in November. He needs a hip replacement and has recently has become much more inconvenienced by his hip.  I asked if it would be helpful to come pre-operation and it was thought that it would be.  He felt as soon as he had been on the first Friday, that it had been helpful to him, and like me is very happy to recommend it. 

Give it a try.  You won’t regret it!”

Gill during one of her aquatic physiotherapy sessions. Gill during one of her aquatic physiotherapy sessions.