ARE YOUR INTERESTED IN YOUR COMMUNITY?
A vacancy has arisen for a Parish Councillor to represent the Ash Ward
Applications are being sought from eligible* people suitably qualified to serve.
The Parish Council is involved in most local matters: planning, highways and footpaths. Support for local services and organisations, environmental, crime and quality of life issues. It is responsible for the management of Ash Green Sports Centre and the Ash Burial Ground. It is consulted over local matters and tries to put forward the local point of view. Parish Council meetings are held on the third Thursday evening of every month.
Those persons interested in becoming a Parish Councillor should request further information from the Parish Clerk, Parish Office, Ash-cum-Ridley Parish Council, Ash Green Sports Centre, Ash Road, New Ash Green, Kent, DA3 8JZ
Telephone 01474 702760 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject to the rules on disqualification, a person is qualified if they are a qualifying Commonwealth citizen and has attained the age of 18 and:
- On that day they are and thereafter continue to be a local government elector for the area of the authority; or
- They have during the whole of the twelve months preceding that day occupied as owner or tenant any land or premises in that area; or
- Their principal or only place of work during the last twelve months has been in that area; or
- They have during the whole of those twelve months resided in that area; or
- They have during the whole of those twelve months resided either in the parish or within 4.8 kilometres of it.
Parish Councillors sign up to the Parish Council’s Code of Conduct
APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE RECEIVED NO LATER THAN NOON ON WEDNESDAY 13 JANUARY 2021
The parish of Ash-cum-Ridley encompasses four distinct communities:
Ash, Hodsoll Street, New Ash Green and Ridley.
Ash, Hodsoll Street and Ridley are small ancient settlements, whereas New Ash Green is a larger village that provides some of the facilities more usually found in a small town.
What does the Parish Council do?
- Manages Ash Green Sports Centre
- Administers and maintains Ash Burial Ground
- Manages Northfield jointly with Hartley Parish Council
- Liaison Sevenoaks District Council on Planning issues and local services.
- Provision of Youth Groups
- Provision of a Lunch Club for the over 60's
- Chairs the New Ash Green Focus Group and Barnfield Park Liaison Group
- Maintains Ash War Memorial and Bowdler's Well, Ridley
- Gives small grants.
Available from Ash Green Sports Centre Reception on the Milestone School site:
- Garden Waste sacks, bundles of 25: £15
- Clear recycling bags, per roll: 50p
- Black refuse bags, per roll: Free
- Monday - Friday 9am - 8pm
- Saturdays - 9.30am - 4.30pm
- Sundays - 9.30am - 1.15pm