Cookies

We use essential cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set analytics cookies that help us make improvements by measuring how you use the site. These will be set only if you accept.

For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our cookies page.

Essential Cookies

Essential cookies enable core functionality such as security, network management, and accessibility. For example, the selections you make here about which cookies to accept are stored in a cookie.

You may disable these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the website functions.

Analytics Cookies

We'd like to set Google Analytics cookies to help us improve our website by collecting and reporting information on how you use it. The cookies collect information in a way that does not directly identify you.

Third Party Cookies

Third party cookies are ones planted by other websites while using this site. This may occur (for example) where a Twitter or Facebook feed is embedded with a page. Selecting to turn these off will hide such content.

Skip to main content

Meet Your Councillors

Cllr Mike Baldock

Mike joined Borden Parish Council back in 2002 and has been a member ever since. He has represented Borden Parish Council on the Swale Area Ctte of the Kent Association of Local Councils since 2007. He is currently also a member of the Borden Parish Council Highways Team and sits on the Borden Nature Reserve sub-committee.

Cllr Jeremy Bolas (Chairman)

Cllr Nicola Butlin (Vice Chair)

I have lived in Borden since 2007, serving on the Parish Council from 2019, then stepping up as Vice Chair in 2023. I have a passion for local issues and have volunteered to be a part of several Parish Council groups and committees to contribute to the betterment of our Parish and community, I also represent the Parish Council at Swale Borough Council's Western Area Committee and the Local Councils Liaison Forum.  I am proud to be a Councillor and work with the Parish Council to continue to look after and maintain what we have in Borden now and for future generations.

Cllr Eileen Harrison co-opted 20th July 2023

I have lived in Borden for 30 years and during the past 14 years, I have enjoyed helping to build Borden Heritage Group and its work ensuring that Borden’s history, its characters and events that have formed today's community, are not forgotten and are available to all.

I have served on events committees to help plan various Celebrations within the Parish for the Jubilee, VE day, The Coronation and D Day.

My interests include Choral singing in Girl Guiding and Church, membership of Trefoil Girl Guiding and The Women’s Institute.

Local planning and highway issues remain my particular concern.

Cllr John Hepburn

Cllr Kevin Ingram co-opted 18th January 2024

Cllr Brian Jemmett

Hi, I am Brian Jemmett a resident of the Parish for 34 years living in Grove Park Avenue, married with 3 children and 5 grandchildren.

I have lived in Swale all my life -Faversham,Teynham, Murston and Borden.

My career was in telecommunications from an apprentice in Sittingbourne to the Head of National pre sales technical support for British Telecom Wholesale.

I am chairman of Sittingbourne Orpheus Choral Society. I enjoy the walk hitting a little white ball and try my hand at most DIY jobs.

I have been a committee member of BRAD for the last 4 years fighting the proposed housing development in Borden, and joined the Parish Council in April 2019 to help improve Borden for its residents.

Cllr Clive Sims 

Having lived and raised my family in Borden since the 1970's I joined the Parish Council in 2017. I believe that the Parish Council should manage the present and create the future for the good of our parishioners and will do my upmost to promote that ideal

Cllr Vivien Smith co-opted 18th January 2024

Cllr Brian Steadman co-opted 18th January 2024

Cllr James Tumber co-opted 20th July 2023

To view the Disclosable Pecuniary Interest Forms please visit the link below...

https://services.swale.gov.uk/meetings/mgParishCouncilDetails.aspx?ls=13&SLS=5&bcr=1