Ok, I understand
Cookie Notice: This site uses cookies. For more information, please see our privacy policy.
Skip to main content

Caynham Parish Council

Notice Board

Clee Hill Post Office
23 High Street, Clee Hill, Ludlow, SY8 3LZ
Service update
I’m writing to update you on developments with Clee Hill Post Office. You may recall that in September last year, we proposed to change the branch to an outreach service, as part of our review of Cleobury North Mobile service, but subsequently decided not to proceed with the change at that time.
Since then the branch has continued to be operated by a temporary postmaster from the existing premises, which has been the case since our contract with the former postmaster ended over five years ago. This arrangement has enabled us to maintain a Post Office service to our customers in Clee Hill. Regrettably, from January 2018 the temporary postmaster is unable to continue to operate the service and the premises will cease to be available for Post Office use. Consequently, the branch will be closing at the current location at that time.
I would like to assure you that we have and will continue to investigate the options available to enable us to maintain a Post Office branch in Clee Hill. Unfortunately there are currently no other retailers in the village interested in the opportunity and therefore as an interim solution to maintain a service to our customers, whilst we continue to seek a long term permanent solution, we will be introducing a temporary Mobile service in Clee Hill following the closure.
The postmaster from Cleobury North will operate the service three days a week on Monday 12:30 – 14:00, Wednesday 14:15 – 15:45 and Thursday 12:00 – 14:00. The date the current branch will close and the new temporary Mobile service will commence are currently being finalised and will be confirmed in due course.
In the meantime, if you have any suggestions which will enable us to secure a long-term permanent solution for the provision of Post Office services, please get in touch. Our contact details are provided below. Other people in your organisation may be interested, so please let them know about it. Please note that your comments will not be kept confidential unless you expressly ask us to do so by clearly marking them “In Confidence”.
We’re carrying out this change in line with our Code of Practice. You can find more information about the Code at the end of this letter.
I’m sorry for any inconvenience this situation may cause and hope that you will support the temporary Mobile service.
Yours faithfully
Karen Coles

How to contact us:

Email:comments@postoffice.co.uk
Phone:Customer Helpline: 03452 66 01 15
Textphone: 03457 22 33 55
FREEPOST Your Comments