Chandos Park Bowls Club
CONGRATULATIONS to our very own Becky Gregory, who has been selected to represent the under 31's for Buckinghamshire in the National Competitions to be held on 1st and 2nd September at Leamington. The Club is so proud of you.
- Saturday 14th July - Great to welcome Wolverton Park, a game played in good spirits, and a convincing win for Chandos Park with an overall score of 75-51
- Saturday 7th July - Yes, another VERY hot one! We managed a 70-52 win against Aston Clinton, with the highest winning rink going to John Leicester-Finch's team. Overall we won on two, and lost on two.
- Sunday 1st July - Another blistering day, but another convincing win - this time we were playing away to Linslade. The highest winning rink went to Alan Whyton, Becky Gregory and Andy Hunt with a 23-7 win, and the overall score 77-55.
- Saturday 30th June - A home match against Cheddington. We won on all the five rinks - but so very hot. Jan Holman, Mick Etherington and Mike Edwards won the highest winning rink. Final score 105-49.
- Tuesday 26th June - A very hot afternoon for bowling! The ladies hosted Stony Stratford in a friendly 3-rink triples. We lost to Stony Stratford, winning on only one rink, and a total score of 38-52. Woops!!
- Saturday 16th June - A convincing 70-33 shot win for Chandos Park against Scot, with a final score of 70-37 A win on all four rinks. As a report did not get to the Advertiser in time below are the teams results:
1) Mick Whyton, Ann Thorne, Norman Jerrom - won 16-12
2) Les Lester, Becky Gregory, Mike Edwards - won 18-10
3) Ann Styles, Kevin Dawson, John Leicester-Finch - won 19-7
4) Sue Edwards, Mike Etherington, Dennis Gregory - won 17-8
- Saturday 2nd June - Chandos Park found their mojo with a sound win against Adderbury. We only lost on one rink and the final score of 94-65 was pretty convincing. Good company, and the Holmans managed to win the whisky draw!
- Saturday 26th May - we knew it couldn’t last for ever, but the clubs winning streak came to an end when they lost their first game of the season to Wendover on Saturday. We were lucky with the weather, and the folks were lovely, but we only won on one rink and went down with a final score of 51-72.
- Monday 21st May - this afternoon our ladies played away to Wolverton Town - it was perfect weather for bowls, and even more perfect was the score... a 36 shot win with the final score 49-13. Both skips won by 18 shots apiece and Cyndy Lee's team took the prize for highest winning rink winning 14 of the 18 ends. Carolyn Hunts team won 13 ends. Wolverton Town are looking forward to the return match when they hope to redress the situation!
- We played away to Leighton Buzzard on Saturday 19th May and Chandos Park took the game with a 68-64 final score.
- Saturday 12th May - we played host to Roade in six rinks of triples. Chandos won on four and lost on two and with an overall score of 88-55, gained a 33 shot win.
- Sunday 13th May - another home game, this time against Banbury Central. Both sides won two rinks each, and the game finished on a 68-68 shot draw.
DON'T FORGET OUR HAPPY TUESDAYS !! Its a great evening, when anyone interested to have a go can have a go! All welcome from 6.30pm - a great way to unwind, meet friends. Just remember you'll need flat shoes for the green, but that's it - there are plenty of bowls available. Stay for a drink and a natter.