Clapps Mead Playing Field
Clapp's Mead Playing Field, Mill Lane, Chideock, was gifted to the Parish Council on 8 February 1938 in memory of Annie C Grafton by her husband Walter P Grafton and their children Eric A Grafton and Rowena Grafton.
The bequest conveys Clapp's Mead to the Parish Council to hold in fee simple as public ground under the Recreation Grounds Act 1859 to be used in perpetuity as a Playing Field and Recreation Ground for the benefit of the inhabitants of the parish, subject to a schedule of 23 further trusts and conditions.
The Parish Council pays for the grass to be cut, with the work being carried out by Bridport Town Council's Lengthsmen.
The Parish Council also pays Bridport Town Council for clearing the brook on the southern boundary and the ditch on the northern boundary.
The equipment in the play area has been purchased by the Parish Council with the aid of grants. Aging equipment is being replaced as funding allows.
The equipment is visually inspected every 2 weeks and a ROSPA inspection is carried out quarterly (this was annual until 2020).