Accept and Continue

Cookies on this site

This site uses cookies. For more information, please see our privacy policy.
Skip to main content

Parish Notices

Notice of Public Rights and Publication of Annual Governance & Accountability Return (Exempt Authority)

1. Date of announcement 27 June 2022

2. Each year the smaller authority prepares an Annual Governance and Accountability Return (AGAR).  The AGAR has been published with this notice. It will not be reviewed by the appointed auditor, since the smaller authority has certified itself as exempt from the appointed auditor’s review.

Any person interested has the right to inspect and make copies of the AGAR, the accounting records for the financial year to which it relates and all books, deeds, contracts, bills, vouchers, receipts and other documents relating to those records must be made available for inspection by any person interested. For the year ended 31 March 2022, these documents will be available on reasonable notice by application to:

Chris Maclean, Parish Clerk and RFO

Hillfoot House, Lushcott, Easthope, Much Wenlock, Shropshire, TF13 6EE

Telephone Number: 07739 080210 / 01694 771376

Email: rushburypc@gmail.com

commencing on Friday 1 July 2022

and ending on Thursday 11 August 2022

3. Local government electors and their representatives also have:

• The opportunity to question the appointed auditor about the accounting records; and
  • The right to make an objection which concerns a matter in respect of which the appointed auditor could either make a public interest report or apply to the court for a declaration that an item of account is unlawful. Written notice of an objection must first be given to the auditor and a copy sent to the smaller authority.

The appointed auditor can be contacted at the address in paragraph 4 below for this purpose between the above dates only.

4. The smaller authority’s AGAR is only subject to review by the appointed auditor if questions or objections raised under the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014 lead to the involvement of the auditor.  The appointed auditor is:

PKF Littlejohn LLP (Ref: SBA Team)

15 Westferry Circus

Canary Wharf

London E14 4HD

(sba@pkf-l.com)

5. This announcement is made by Chris Maclean, Parish Clerk and RFO

Parish Council Meeting

The next meeting of the Parish Council will take place in The Committee Room, Rushbury Village Hall, Rushbury on Monday 18th July at 8:00pm. Proceedings will commence at 7:30pm to allow time for parishioners to raise matters with Councillors. 

All are welcome to attend.  

FARM FIRE SAFETY

Shropshire Fire Service are promoting their Farm Fire Safety Booklet full of advice, guidance, and different contact details. We are trying to raise awareness of things that can be undertaken to reduce the opportunity for fires to start which in many cases a fire has a long term devastating impact on the farm itself.

If we can help in any small way to prevention this happening it will be of use.

Farm fire safety information | Shropshire Fire and Rescue Service

https://www.shropshirefire.gov.uk/safety-community/farm-fire-safety-information

Steve

Steve Worker

Prevention Officer

Fire Crime and Arson

Shropshire Fire And Rescue Service

Tel:01743260449

Mob:07816096060

Steven.worker@shropshirefire.gov.uk

Steve.worker@sfrs.cjsm.net

Find us on facebook: http://facebook.com/shropsfire
Follow us on twitter: http://twitter.com/shropsfire

Access to Cash

Response from our Member of Parliament, Rt Hon Philip Dunne to concerns raised about access to cash by the Parish Council Chairman.

Sent: Monday, April 4, 2022 3:49:18 PM
To: Mel McFarland 
Subject: FW: Access to cash in Ludlow (Case Ref: PD40018)

Dear Mel

Thank you for contacting me about cash availability and acceptance.

Cash remains an important part of daily life for millions of people across the UK, which is why the Government has committed to legislate for the protection of access to cash.

As of October 2021, LINK reported that there were around 41,000 free-to-use ATMs in the UK. More broadly, the Financial Conduct Authority reports that as of the second quarter of 2021, nearly 96 per cent of the UK population are within 2km of a free-to-use cash access point.

Following a detailed consultation, the Government intends to support the continued use of cash in people’s daily lives and help to enable local businesses to continue accepting cash by ensuring they can access deposit facilities. Having already facilitated the wide-spread adoption of cashback without a purchase through the Financial Services Act 2021, the Government will set out next steps in due course.

Although schemes such as Community Access to Cash have been very successful, I hope that future legislation will ensure the needs of cash users are understood and continue to be met by industry, including large and small retailers.

I know that Covid-19 and its resulting restrictions impacted heavily upon charities' ability to generate cash donations and organising in-person events, and it is important that a return to these modes of fundraising is facilitated. Access to cash is vital for the smooth functioning of these charity fundraising activities, I have spoken with colleagues at the Treasury who assure me that this is at the forefront of considerations when it comes to ensuring access to cash.

I welcome the Government's ambition to further legislate for the protection of access to cash in due course. I will speak to ministerial colleagues to ascertain when this legislation will be brought before Parliament.

I welcomed the establishment of the Joint Authorities Cash Strategy (JACS) Group which brings together representatives of our key financial regulators to provide joined-up and comprehensive oversight of the UK's cash infrastructure. The JACS Group will place a particular emphasis on user needs and the changing nature of cash usage.

With kind regards
Philip
Rt Hon Philip Dunne MP
Member of Parliament for Ludlow

House of Commons, London SW1A 0AA
(+(44) 20 7219 2388; Fax: +(44) 20 7219 0788)
web:       www.philipdunne.com
FB:         Dunne4Ludlow
Twitter:   Dunne4Ludlow

at Constituency office:
54 Broad Street, Ludlow, Shropshire SY8 1GP
(+(44) 1584 872 187)
Email: philip.dunne.mp@parliament.uk
Sent: 24 March 2022 15:58
To: DUNNE, Philip <philip.dunne.mp@parliament.uk>
Subject: Access to cash in Ludlow

Dear Mr Dunne,

The pandemic has put an already fragile cash network under additional strain, resulting in further ATM and bank branch closures, including in low-income or rural areas, eroding access for people who need it most.

Ludlow hasn't been the worst-hit community, but we must not get complacent. More must be done to protect those who aren't yet ready or able to move to digital payments.

Cash remains a crucial part of many people’s lives, helping them to budget effectively, and with the cost of living squeezing our finances this has become more important than ever. But failure to help communities access their cash will leave vulnerable people at crisis point and have a potentially devastating knock-on effect on local high streets.

We need you to take action.

In the March 2020 Budget, the Chancellor made a commitment to introducing legislation protecting access to cash. However, two years on and this has still not been introduced.

With the Queen’s Speech fast approaching, I, like many others working with Which?, want to see you raise the issue in Parliament to key decision-makers. Help us get some answers: when will the government follow through on its promise to deliver legislation to protect cash?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,
Mel McFarland