Allhallows (Kent) Parish Council
Youth Club Re-Boot 2018
The sessions at the Youth Centre are now:
MONDAY - 2nd Allhallows Guides, Brownies, Rainbows
TUESDAY - Youth Club Older session (13-18) 6:15pm
WEDNESDAY - Youth Club Younger session (8-12) 6:15pm
This is a brief report on a significant number of changes that have been carried out in the recent months.
- The electricity supply has been replaced - now you can actually boil a kettle without affecting the lights and heating.
- Faulty lighting around the building and in the toilets has been replaced
- Repairs have been carried out to the Football Arena, but there is still concern about safety of the flooring.
- CCTV and external lighting has been improved.
- Heating/cooling has been installed for the first time.
- The scout's shed has been removed.
- The brick shed has a new roof.
- Hot water is now provided in the kitchen and boys/girls toilets.
- The boys toilet has auto-flush on the urinals
- Thanks to the Community Payback scheme the inside and outside of the youth centre has been re-decorated.
- There has been a clear-out of rubbish and broken equipment, but more to do.
- Emergency lighting has been checked and some additional units installed.
- Lighting in the main hall has been replaced.
- Do have any equipment sitting around that could be used by the Youth Club. Scalextric Digital for example.
- After advertising the role of a Lead Youth Worker to manage the Brimp - the council agreed to appoint Zoe McCall, on a part-time basis, to help manage the Brimp and work with the volunteers and youth to protect and enhance the club and its facilities.
- Zoe would like to see the youth and other volunteers helping to identify the equipment and resources required.
- Contact has been made with a company who may be able to provide type1 aggregate for the Brimp Access Road's potholes.
- The younger sessions have proved more popular and perhaps they could be extended.
- The parish council has a Youth Committee in place to help support and encourage the Youth Club and put forward suggestions to the council and the youth club as necessary.
- The club is now affiliated to Young Kent.
- What do local youth want from their Youth Club, we want ideas and feedback.
- MORE ADULT HELP IS REQUIRED TO SUPPORT EXTRA ACTIVITIES AND EXTRA SESSIONS
We do need the help of further volunteers please help when you can, contact the parish council (01634 566256, email@example.com
RESTART Tuesday 15th November
18.15-19.40 ages 8- 11 (year 7), 19.45-21.00 ages 12 (year 8)-18.
Friday 18th November (Due to lack of attendance the Friday sessions have been cancelled - from December 2, will look again after Christmas))
18.15-19.40 ages 8 -11 (year 7), 19.45-22.00 ages 12 (year 8)-18.
We will be running the Tuesday sessions weekly, still only £1 to enter and tuck shop available. Friday sessions under review - What do you think? Would Thursday be a better evening?
Lots of exciting stuff and competitions being planned.
We are still looking for volunteers to help out, if you can spare any time each week please contact the Parish Council.
Thanks to staff from Bourne Leisure who have helped.
It is recognised that the former youth club had done a lot to develop and secure the Brimp and provide a youth club over many years, but they have decided that they cannot continue. The parish council have always recognised the need for a youth facilities and moved quickly to create a replacement - The Allhallows Youth Club has re-launched, keep in touch for details.
The success of the Youth Club will depend on local volunteers and the involvement of the youth themselves.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or see contact details on this site.