Shropshire Local Plan Minerals Hearing
Examination of the Shropshire Local Plan 2016 - 2038
I can now advise you that the examination hearing to consider minerals and waste policies, will commence on 09:30 May 3rd 2023 and will continue on May 4th 2023. This hearing will be held virtually through MS Teams.
The Inspectors have published the following documents concerning the examination, which you should familiarise yourself with:
Inspectors’ Guidance Note:
Inspectors’ Matters Issues and Questions (MIQs):
The Inspectors’ Guidance Note explains the procedures which will be followed during the examination. It also sets out the arrangements for submitting hearing statements, please adhere to all relevant instructions, if you intend to do so.
If you have made a relevant representation and wish to participate at the hearings, you are required to let me know who the participant will be, who they will be representing and their email address by 17th March 2023.
The Inspectors’ MIQs identify the main issues of soundness and legal compliance upon which the examination will focus, including during the hearing session.
You should refer regularly to the examination website:
It is your responsibility to keep yourself up to date with the arrangements and programme.
If you wish to observe the hearing sessions then a link to the live-stream of the hearings will be made available on the examination webpages.
Please find below the key dates for the examination:
- 17 March 2023 - Deadline to confirm with the PO whether you wish to exercise your right to appear at an examination hearing session
- 31 March 2023 - Deadline for submission of statements of common ground
- 6 April 2023 - Deadline for submission of hearing statements and any appendices by e-mail to PO
- 12 April 2023 – Deadline for receipt of 2 paper copies of statements (in addition to e-mailed statements) to PO
- 3 May 2023 - Hearing sessions begin
Please ensure you check the Latest News section of the examination webpages regularly as this will be updated with important examination news.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.
Address: Pendragon House, 1 Bertram Drive, Wirral, CH47 0LG
Phone: 07582 310364