Birstall Bowling Club
Tips for New Bowlers
- DO NOT IMMEDIATELY BUY A SET OF BOWLS!
- The Club has a number of sets that you can borrow - ask the Club coach or any member
- Size depends upon your hand and how well you can hold / grip the bowl
- There are many sizes, with or without grips (of varying types), as well as different weights & bias. Ncever mind the different colours. Ask for advice from the outset.
- Detailed knowledge of the playing rules is rarely what is on the mind of a beginner in any sport. This usually comes from actually playing and enjoying the game. There are however rules, which can be purchased from Bowls England.
- The game of Bowls is a traditionally friendly and relaxing. The requirements of etiquette and dress and of sporting behaviour do not affect this friendliness.
* This page is in the course of Construction