Cookies

We use essential cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set analytics cookies that help us make improvements by measuring how you use the site. These will be set only if you accept.

For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our cookies page.

Essential Cookies

Essential cookies enable core functionality such as security, network management, and accessibility. For example, the selections you make here about which cookies to accept are stored in a cookie.

You may disable these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the website functions.

Analytics Cookies

We'd like to set Google Analytics cookies to help us improve our website by collecting and reporting information on how you use it. The cookies collect information in a way that does not directly identify you.

Third Party Cookies

Third party cookies are ones planted by other websites while using this site. This may occur (for example) where a Twitter or Facebook feed is embedded with a page. Selecting to turn these off will hide such content.

Skip to main content

Frank Burnham

Frank Burnham Frank Burnham

For Frank

Three seasons he was
Spring, Summer, Autumn; but nay
as bleak as Winter.

Jan Hedger

Frank.

We all miss you.  Wish you were still here, but you can't be.  You will always be remembered with your drawings, colouring and pictures.

Theresa Taylor

Frank

I came back to our GROW group on Wednesday.  The first thing I thought of was how strange it was without Frank.  Thinking of what he used to fetch to our group, biscuits or delicious cakes.

Most of the time he used to go to charity shops.  If he saw anything with a Welsh picture on he would get it for me, like for instance a purse, a love spoon and a brooch.  When I went to bing, he would wait for me and take me back to my block to make sure I got home safe.  He was a real gentleman.  He used to make baskets of artificial flowers.  I used to get some for Maureen for Mother's Day.  His drawing and poetry was great.  I remember when he made a collage for the Queen's Golden Jubilee, for the Roosevelt Court dining room.  It was fantastic.  He was like a famous artist.  He will be long missed and our thoughts will always be with him.  God bless him.  At least he is at peace and not in pain.  

Rest in peace, Frank, God Bless, Love and Light,

Maria Gethin

Frank

Today we sat around the table at Roosevelt Court, with our crayons and coloured pencils.  I kept looking towards the door, half expecting you to walk in, with you latest objet d'art or curiousity to show us all.  We will miss your cheeky smile and mischevious sense of humour.  The sudden furtive look and lowered tone as you sharesome juicy piece of gossip.  The tin foil wrapped piece of meat for me to bring home to our Dolly.  

You were a man who always seemed to be on the way to the next thing.  I'm not stopping long, you'd say.  I'm going shopping with my son or off to some other social engagement.and then you'd be off until the folllowing week, by which time you would have some new thing to show or tell us.

You packed a lot into your days - busy running errands for other people, offering a quiet word of encouragement or sharing a joke.  You gave your smiles freely, but kept your troubles to yourself, never dwelling on your problems or worries.  There was a great wisdom in saying little, learning much, which  meant that you ALWAYS knew what was going on.  I will miss your reminders, the notes and the funny clippings you often used to bring in for me.

You made a huge inpact on our group and GROW just won't be the same without you.

Ashley Jordan

Frank,

We will miss your talent, kindness, wit and good humoured nature.

With love,

Stephen Taylor

Tribute to Frank Burnham