Welcome to the new home of the Portsmouth & District Bowling Association (aka “The P&D” or “PDBA”) Website.
We have tried to keep the pages as similar to our old site as we could but you will notice differences when you navigate your way through it.
However, one of the new functions available with our new Web Host is the ability to sign up for E-mail Alerts whenever certain new items appear on the site.
To sign-up for these Alerts:
- Click on the "Sign up to our Email Alerts" link on the Right Hand Side of this page.
- You will be shown the “Sign Up for Emailed Alerts” page.
- Simply enter your email address and then tick the Events and News Options.
- Validate your subscription to the site's e-mail alerts when you receive a 'validation request' e-mail from HugoFox.com (the website's platform provider) by clicking/tapping on the appropriate button ("Receive Alerts') in the e-mail, to make the request to receive e-mail alerts effective.
Our Website has two purposes:
1) To keep you up to date with all the latest happenings in the P&D Bowls world (i.e. News Updates, League Fixtures/Results and Competition Draws/Results.
2) To provide a Historical Record of Past Events (e.g. Past Winners, Presidents, etc.).
- This Historical record is here to carry on the excellent work by a past P&D Secretary, Frank Eeles, who in 2000 (the P&D’s 75th Anniversary) published a book entitled “Bowling Down the Years” which was a comprehensive history of the P&D at that point in time.
- In his foreword to the book, Frank wrote that the book was “...an attempt to put on paper some historical facts before they disappear into oblivion and into folklore”.
- The age of the internet gives us the ability to ensure these historical records are not lost.
For those of you who are only interested in Latest Happenings, then please click on one of the following links to access the page you are looking for:
Click/tap the link to access the page you are looking for.
Brief P&D History Lesson
It has been recently uncovered, via a Press Cutting found in the Ledgers kept by the Secretaries of Star & Crescent Bowls Club, that the Portsmouth and District Bowling Association was actually formed in December 1924, when its first AGM was held at the Southsea Waverley Bowls Club, where it was agreed that a League Competition be run in 1925.
That meeting saw the birth of the P&D, beginning the trip to where we are today.
For those of you who are interested in knowing more about the P&D’s History, as well as reading that Press Cutting, please visit the “History of the Portsmouth & District Bowling Association” page - select the “History of P & D B A” in the page menu.