South Cliff Bowling Club was founded in 1908 and has around 80 members (ladies and men).
- We are a friendly club and have League, friendly and social bowling (on Wednesdays & Saturdays from 2:00pm - no experience required) throughout the season (April - late September).
- We play in the four local leagues - the Open League which plays on Mondays & Wednesdays, The Vets play on Tuesday, we have two teams in the Aussie Pairs (Thursday) and the Independent League plays on Fridays . Only Full members can play in the Leagues which tend to finish ahead of the Scarborough Open - in the first week of September. South Cliff is one of the venues for this very competitive event and holds the Finals every other year.
- We enjoy hosting touring and visiting teams. Social bowlers can play in these matches and it is an opportunity to gain some valuable match play experience. This year we played against - West Midlands Police, Buckinghamshire, The Patrons, Lyndhurst (Gateshead), Sleights, and Norfolk Ladies.
- We have a fully qualified coach and also very experienced bowlers who will introduce the game to beginners and provide advice and guidance.
- We are affiliated to: Bowls England, and Yorkshire Bowling Association
- In the close season we meet on Saturdays and enjoy a range of social activities and events.
- We are an Asset of Community Value, located in a Conservation Area and have developed the gardens, rebuilt the benches and are looking to develop the area as a Community Hub.
- Check out our Facebook page - South Cliff Bowls Club - for our regular posts.