Ok, I understand
Cookie Notice: This site uses cookies. For more information, please see our privacy policy.
Skip to main content

Weston Parish, Nottinghamshire

Annual Parish Meeting

Electors in the Parish are invited to attend the Annual Parish Meeting to be held under the chairmanship of Cllr. David Chase on
Saturday May 6th at the Village Hall, Weston commencing at 10:30 am. Refreshments will be provided on arrival. Further details on the agenda for this meeting will appear here once speakers from local organisations have been confirmed.

The Annual Parish Meeting is an opportunity for parishioners on the Electoral Roll for Weston to raise any matters of concern to them that relates to their local community. Please contact the Clerk to the Parish Council should you have any queries relating to this meeting.

Chairman's Report

The past year has been another busy year.  One of the first actions of the Council was to co-opt Mr Glyn Francis to fill the vacancy for parish councillor.

We have as usual been highlighting the poor state of our roads and footpaths to the County Council through our County Councillor Bruce Laughton.  As a result of that, Bruce arranged for the Chief Executive to come to Westin and walk the length of Main Street to view the road condition.  He is now at least aware just how bad the road is, but unfortunately I do not expect it to be resurfaced in the near future.

We have been trying to get a speed reduction to 50mph on the Great North Road and the County Council and Highways are looking into a suitable scheme.

One subject that has taken a lot of consideration has been the parish burial ground. The Council has decided to sell the area to the PCC so that the whole of the churchyard could remain open and maintained by the PCC.  The matter is currently in the hands of solicitors.

We have decided to have a new housing needs survey to try to establish whether there is a need for affordable housing in the parish.  The survey forms are going out now and I would encourage everyone to compete the survey so we can help to provide affordable local housing is required.

I would like to thank our County Councillor Bruce Laughton and our District Councillor Sylva Michael for all their time and help over the past year.

I would also like to thank our Clerk Sandra Akerman for all her time and expertise in dealing with council business so efficiently.  Thank you.

Cllr David Chase, May 2017