Ofsted Report and BOSP Policies
We are pleased to announce that we have received our latest Ofsted Report below.
The feedback we received on the day was exceptional and we are very proud of our staff team and the care and support they provide:
"The day-to-day organisation of the club is highly efficient and effective"
"Parents express high levels of satisfaction with the provision. They state that their children enjoy attending and have very good relationships with the caring and committed"
"The manager, committee members and staff team demonstrate a strong understanding of their role in safeguarding children. There are robust policies and procedures in place, and staff work with other agencies in regard to any child protection concerns. Staff follow secure procedures and understand their responsibility to keep children safe"
"Extensive induction procedures, team meetings and regular supervisions ensure that all staff receive effective coaching and training to support individual children's physical and medical needs"
CHANGES TO OFSTED RATING CATEGORIES FOR OUT OF SCHOOL DAY CARE
From 2020 all Out of School Day Care providers such as BOSP can only be classed as Met or Unmet.
Regardless of the exceptionally high quality care they say we continue to deliver, the previous four Ofsted categories are no longer applicable to our type of provision.
Please note the reference to 'no children present' in the report, is standard statutory wording used when there were no 4/5 year olds present during the inspection.
Ofsted, Piccadilly Gate, Store Street, Manchester, M1 2WD. Telephone Number: 0300 123 1231
BOSP Registered Premises: The Pioneer School, Ghyllgrove, Basildon, Essex, SS14 2LA
BOSP Ofsted Registered Manager: Emily Bell
BOSP Ofsted Nominated Person: Joe Lane
BOSP follow written policies and procedures on numerous topics, including:
- Administering Medicines Policy
- Adult Safeguarding
- Bereavement Policy
- Bereavement Policy for BOSP Office Staff
- BOSP & PHE COVID-19 Cleaning in Non Healthcare Setting Guidance
- BOSP COVID-19 Reopening Sessions Policy
- Bring Your Own Device Policy
- Buccal Midazolam Policy
- Child Protection
- Child Protection & Adult Safeguarding COVID Addendum Policy
- Conflict of Interest Policy
- Confidentiality Policy
- COVID - 19 Policy
- COVID - 19 Privacy Notice
- COVID - 19 Reopening Sessions Policy
- Data Privacy Impact Assessment Policy
- Data Protection
- Data Retention and Record Management Policy
- Data Subject Consent Policy
- Dignity at Work Policy
- Disciplinary Policy and Procedures
- Grievance Policy and Procedures
- Equal Opportunity Policy
- Food Hygiene Policy
- Fire Safety Procedures
- Food Hygiene Policy
- Fundraising Codes of Practise
- Health Illness and Emergency Guidelines
- Health and Safety Policy
- Incident Procedures Policy
- Information Sharing Policy
- Bus Policy and Procedures
- Mini-bus Policy & Procedures
- Photography Policy
- Physical Touch Guidelines
- Positive Behaviour Support Guidelines
- Safer Recruitment and Selection Policy
- Social Media Policy
- Support Workers Code of Conduct
- Volunteer Policy
- Whistle Blowing Policy
For a full list of BOSP's policies, please contact The BOSP Office.
Access to Your Information
You have the right to ask for a copy of the personal information that BOSP holds about you and to correct any inaccuracies in that information. You also have the right to object about the use of your data.
If you would like access to your information, please complete the Subject Access Request Form below and send to us using the details on the form.