The BOSP Team
For over 31 years, BOSP has been shaped by the families it serves, lead by a very dedicated team with extensive experience of working with children/young adults with disabilities. Many of our staff, Support Workers and volunteers have lived experience of disabilities and truly understand the challenges that caring for a child/young adult with disabilities brings.
BOSP Office & Service Team
- Jodie Connelly - Chief Executive Officer (Monday to Thursday)
- Tracy Boulila - Financial Controller & Data Protection Lead (Monday to Friday)
- Rachael Underwood - Senior Charity Administrator (Tuesday, Thursday, Friday)
- Sarah Pearce - Services Manager (Tues to Sat - term time, Mon to Fri - school holidays)
- Emily Bell - Activity Co-ordinator (Tues to Sat - term time, Mon to Fri - school holidays)
- Molly-Jay Crane - Skills 4 Life Supervisor (Tues to Sat - term time, Mon to Fri - school holidays)
- Emily Burbridge - Skills 4 Life Support Worker (Tues to Sat - term time, Mon to Fri - school holidays)
- Megan Scarborough - Skills 4 Life Support Worker (Tue to Sat - term time, Mon to Fri - school holidays)
- Helen Diddams - Community Fundraiser (Monday, Tuesday & Thursday)
- Arsen Poghosyan - Funding and Development Officer (Tuesday to Thursday)
- Kasey Brazier - Funding Bid Writer (Thursday and Friday)
We are further supported by a wonderful team of over 44 part-time sessional Workers and volunteers who make what we do possible, from Support Workers, fundraisers and administrators.
BOSP Sessional Support Workers
BOSP has a bank of experienced Support Workers. All BOSP sessions are staffed with a high ratio of BOSP Support Workers to children and young people, some with specialist medication or specialist behavioural experience. All BOSP Support Workers have an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check and their personal development is constantly under review. Support Workers are offered training in Safeguarding, Manual Handling, Paediatric First Aid and Disability Life Guarding. Many Support Workers have an NVQ level 2 or 3 in Childcare or similar and are trained in Step-Up techniques, PECS (Picture Exchange Communication System), Makaton or Now and Then cards.
BOSP Trustees & Volunteers
The governance of the charity is overseen by our committee of Trustees:
- Peter Davies - Chair
- Joe Lane - Vice Chair
- Dee Horton - Trustee
- Lee Morse - Trustee
- Bill Rothon - Trustee
BOSP is led by really involved and active volunteers who have lived experience of disability and truly understand the needs of the families we support.
Our team of 34 volunteers are hugely important to BOSP, without whom, we could not deliver our services.
BOSP is mainly self-funded and relies on donations and community fundraising events to achieve the £450,000 income required each year to enable us to deliver our work. As well as supporting our sessions, BOSP's volunteer network also helps plan personal and corporate events, helping to run BOSP Tots. Big BOSP Youth Club, BOSP’s Charity Balls, Christmas Market stalls, summer fayres, quizzes, cake sales, virtual events, collecting fundraising pots, decorating, DIY, numerous sponsored events and the selling of cards and making of softie stars on behalf of BOSP.
Just few pictures of our Volunteers taking part in various BOSP activities.