The BOSP Team
For over 29 years, BOSP has been shaped by the families it serves, lead by a very dedicated team with extensive experience of working with children/young adults with disabilities. Many of our staff, Support Workers and volunteers have lived experience of disabilities and truly understand the challenges that caring for a disabled child/young adult brings.
BOSP Office & Service Team
- Jodie Connelly - Chief Executive Officer (Monday to Thursday)
- Tracy Boulila - Financial Controller & Data Protection Lead (Monday to Friday)
- Debbie Dennis - Senior Charity Administrator (Tuesday, Thursday, Friday)
- Sarah Pearce - Services Manager (Tuesday to Saturday)
- Emily Bell - Activity Co-ordinator (Tuesday to Saturday)
- Sharon Hoskin - Family Liaison Worker (Tuesday to Saturday)
- Molly-Jay Crane - Skills 4 Life Supervisor (Tuesday to Saturday)
- Bennita Gafga - Skills 4 Life Support Worker (Tuesday to Saturday)
- Emily Burbridge - Skills 4 Life Support Worker (Tuesday to Saturday)
- Arsen Poghosyan - Funding and Development Officer (Tuesday to Thursday)
- Helen Diddams - Community Fundraiser (Monday, Tuesday & Thursday)
BOSP Sessional Support Workers & Volunteers
BOSP has a bank of over 34 experienced Support Workers. All BOSP sessions are staffed with a high ratio of BOSP Support Workers to children and young people, some with specialist medication or specialist behavioural experience. All BOSP Support Workers have an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check and their personal development is constantly under review. Support Workers are offered training in Safeguarding, Manual Handling, Paediatric First Aid and Disability Life Guarding. Many Support Workers have an NVQ level 2 or 3 in Childcare or similar and are trained in Step-Up techniques, PECS (Picture Exchange Communication System), Makaton or Now and Then cards.
Our volunteers are hugely important to BOSP, without whom, we could not deliver our services.
BOSP is mainly self-funded and relies on donations and community fundraising events to achieve the £450,000 income required each year to enable us deliver our work. As well as supporting our sessions, BOSP's volunteer network also help plan personal and corporate events, helping to run BOSP’s charity ball, Christmas market stalls, summer fayres, quizzes, cake sales, virtual events, collecting fundraising pots, sponsored events and the selling of cards and stars on behalf of BOSP.
The governance of the charity is overseen by our committee of Trustees:
- Peter Davies - Chair
- Andrew Fry - Treasurer/Secretary
- Joe Lane - Vice Chair
- Dee Horton - Trustee
BOSP is led by really involved and active volunteers who have lived experience of disability and truly understand the needs of the families we support.