Crofton Bowling Club
The club provides, for Members, a range of in-club competitions and one-day bowls events and bowls tournaments.
- Organising the competitions is the responsibility of the Competitions Secretary.
- Organising each of the one-day events/tournaments is the responsibility of the organiser assigned for that event.
A summary of the in-club competitions, with their detailed rules (plus how to enter, and entry fees, where applicable) is available, as is a list of members eligible as 'Markers' for singles competitions.
Details of each of these in-club competitions, typically occurring throughout the season, are available from the (drop-down) page sub-menu, or by clicking on the selected item below
- Ladies' Singles
- Men's Singles
- Mixed Singles
- First-Time Singles
- Two-Wood Singles
- Ladies' Pairs
- Men's Pairs
- Mixed Pairs
- Club Mixed Triples League
Results, and therefore competition winners, from the eight finals matches on Club Finals Weekend are:
Saturday morning (10:30):
- 2-wood Singles: Ian Knowlton won 15-9 against Denis Wearne
- Mixed Singles: Charlie Read won 21-18 against Steve Pothecary
Saturday afternoon (14:00):
- Ladies' Singles: Margaret Fowles won 21-11 against Anne Berger
- Ladies' Pairs: Barbara Shear & Caroline Balcom won 20-15 against Liz Currie & Pat Davey
Sunday morning (10:30):
- First-Time Singles: Andy Watts won 22-5 against Liz Currie
- Men's Singles: Charlie Read won 21-6 against John Wilkinson
Sunday afternoon (14:00):
Images from 2018 Finals weekend to appear here..
A schedule of the 2018 in-club one-day Events/Tournaments is also available. Details of each of the In-Club one-day Events/Tournaments are shown, for each event, below: