Bishopthorpe Bowling Club
We are indebted to the following people and organisations for their valuable assistance:
- Alistair Barlow of East Riding Horticulture Ltd for installing a replacement pump and associated fittings for our Irrigation System. The summer of 2018 was unprecedented for its long periods of warm, dry weather and our Irrigation System had been absolutely crucial in maintaining the green in good condition. Unfortunately, it failed towards the end of our season and required a new pump and control system. The equipment was supplied by East Riding Horticulture but Alistair kindly did the installation for us.
- Bishopthorpe Gala Group for donating £300 towards our Mower Replacement Fund. We have experienced persistent problems with our mowing machine and applied to the Gala Group for any assistance they could offer. Whilst we have had to have the existing machine overhauled for the time being, we are trying to accumulate sufficient funds to purchase a new machine. The Gala Group's welcome donation will supplement our own fundraising efforts.
- The Shepherd Group have generously donated a further £250 towards our replacement mower fund, which gives a very welcome boost as we continue our fundraising efforts during the winter close season.
- Jamie Bunyan of Yorkshire Plumbing Ltd for sponsoring a new Men's Pairs Trophy. The original Men's Pairs Trophy had been in use for many years and its extended base was absolutely full of inscriptions. Jamie kindly agreed to sponsor a new trophy cup and was present on Finals Day to award the trophy to its first winners, Ray Higgins & David Wharton-Smith.
- York Ukulele Band for entertaining us at our Presentation Evening. Our annual Dinner and Presentation Evening was held on Monday 22 October at the Marcia Inn and became a bit of fund-raising effort in its own right. We were most grateful that fourteen members of York Ukulele Band turned out to entertain us with some lively music. They do this for fun, but only in support of charities and similar non-profit making organisations.
- Bishopthorpe Co-op for their spontaneous donation of raffle prizes for our first home match of the 2019 season.