Accept and Continue

Cookies on this site

This site uses cookies. For more information, please see our privacy policy.
Skip to main content

Nitrous Oxide canisters

Nitrous Oxide canisters

Used canisters are being regularly found on the roads in our village, seemingly dumped from vehicles.  Unless there is footage showing the vehicle involved, no further action will be taken against the driver due to lack of evidence for CP to proceed to court action.

However, each ASB should be reported direct to Police by residents to ensure they are aware of the clear frequent problem on the local community. If each resident affected reports directly, that increases the amount of witness account reports sent to Northants Police concerning Broughton and bears more weight and counts under reports logged on Police Incident Database. This in turn will count when decision makers are looking at areas with the most ASB reports, in this case quantity counts to help prioritise action.

If you do see these canisters, please report direct to Police via the ASB online form, it takes 2 mins to complete. 

Call 101 for non-emergency enquiries.

If you have a hearing or speech impairment, use our textphone service on 18001 101.