We use essential cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set analytics cookies that help us make improvements by measuring how you use the site. These will be set only if you accept.

For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our cookies page.

Essential Cookies

Essential cookies enable core functionality such as security, network management, and accessibility. For example, the selections you make here about which cookies to accept are stored in a cookie.

You may disable these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the website functions.

Analytics Cookies

We'd like to set Google Analytics cookies to help us improve our website by collecting and reporting information on how you use it. The cookies collect information in a way that does not directly identify you.

Third Party Cookies

Third party cookies are ones planted by other websites while using this site. This may occur (for example) where a Twitter or Facebook feed is embedded with a page. Selecting to turn these off will hide such content.

Skip to main content

Northamptonshire Police

For Northamptonshire Police general information or reporting crime online access their link here

Report a crime or Anti Social Behaviour

Is it an emergency?

Does it feel like the situation could get heated or violent very soon? Is someone in immediate danger? Do you need support right away? If so, please call 999 now.

If you have a hearing or speech impairment, use our textphone service 18000 or text us on 999 if you’ve pre-registered with the emergencySMS service.

If you’ve witnessed or been the victim of crime please report it to us. Reports are dealt with by our control room in exactly the same way whether you report it online or call 101.

Before you give us the details of the crime, we will ask you a few questions to make sure you go to the relevant online form.

Numbers to call if in trouble

Everyone knows to call 999 in an emergency, but have you heard about 112?

112 is the number you should use when calling from a mobile as it will search out the strongest network signal and would help to pinpoint your location in an emergency if you were unable to give location details.                                                                              There are many calls made to 999/112 by accident every year and there is a myth circulating that if you call the emergency services but don’t speak, they will send someone to you. They won’t.                                                                                                                          So, what can you do if you are in a situation where you can’t speak because you are hiding from someone?                                            If you are calling from a landline, dial 999 and wait for the operator to pick up, then dial 55 and this will let the operator know you are in trouble but unable to speak to them for whatever reason.

The same can be applied to 112, wait for the operator to speak and then dial 55. The added benefit of using 112 in this situation is that your location will be easier to find because your phone has found the closest phone mast to you.

Did you know you can text the emergency services?                                                                                                                                This is particularly useful for those with hearing difficulties; however you must register your mobile phone number with emergency services before you can request help via text:

1. Send the word ‘register’ in an SMS message to 999

2. You will then receive SMS messages about the service

3. When you have read these SMS messages reply by sending ‘yes’ in an SMS message to 999

4. You will receive a SMS message telling you that your mobile phone is registered or if there is a problem with your registration


Important message from Broughton Parish Council to residents

The Police Liaison Representative or the Street Watch volunteer are not a replacement for 101 or Crimestoppers.

On several occasions, reports or complaints from residents regarding speeding, witnessed account of offences or general intel has been received by the representative and volunteer that should have been reported to the police directly.  This is not the appropriate channel to pass on information.

Any matter that requires police action must be reported by the witness or person who has the relevant intel.

Only Northants police can instruct a Street Watch volunteer to get involved in public liaison should it be deemed necessary.

The Support volunteers main role is to patrol the local area and report any suspicious activity they have witnessed themselves and point the victim in the right direction to report online.

Street Watch does not have the means to log an incident to the police control room database so please report directly to 101.