SEND Northants service
North Northamptonshire Council and West Northamptonshire Council are ready to launch two new separate SEND Information, Advice and Support Services (IASS).
North Northants SEND IASS and West Northants SEND IASS will replace the current IASS for SEND in Northamptonshire. The new services will start on 1 April 2023.
• North Northants SEND IAS will cover Wellingborough, Rushden, Kettering and Corby.
• West Northants SEND IAS will cover Northampton, South Northants, Daventry and Towcester.
The two new services will continue to deliver the IASS remit of providing free, impartial information, advice and support to children and young people with SEND and their families. As part of the Children and Families Act 2014 it is a legal requirement that all local authorities ensure children and young people aged 0 to 25 with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) and their parents have access to an impartial Information, Advice and Support (IAS) service.
The two new services will operate at arm’s length from the local authorities and clinical commissioning groups. All staff will continue to be independently trained. The services will give practical, factual and impartial information advice and support to enable children and young people and their parents to participate fully in decisions about education, health and social care.
Contact details North Northants
SEND IAS covering Wellingborough, Rushden, Kettering and Corby.
• Telephone number from April 1, 2023 - 0300 373 2532
• Email address from April 1, 2023 – SENDIASS@northnorthants.gov.uk
• Website: www.iassnorthants.co.uk
West Northants SEND IAS covering Northampton, South Northants, Daventry and Towcester.
• Telephone number from April 1, 2023 - 0300 12 61039
• Email address from April 1, 2023 - SENDIASS@westnorthants.gov.uk
• Website: www.iassnorthants.co.uk Update on Fostering Service Inspection