New to Bowls?
Never played before? Here are a few reasons to give bowls a try, courtesy of Bowls England:
1. Playing bowls is very doable. Whatever your physique, bowls is a sport for everybody and it will help improve your fitness levels and mental wellbeing.
2. Bowls is not expensive. To get going you don’t need lots of new kit and clubs put on taster sessions for free. Even when you get the bug, a set of bowls and joining a club can cost as little as £90.
3. After football, bowls has the second highest number of clubs in the country. With so many places to play, it’ll take no time at all to get to a bowls club close to your home.
4. Compared to most sports, age and gender differences have less of an effect on a game of bowls, so it’s a perfect sport to spend time and enjoy a bit of friendly competition with your family.
5. Bowls clubs are sociable places full of people looking to have fun, so bowls is a great way to relax, make new friends and feel part of your local community.
Joining a bowls club is about feeling welcome, getting a chance to meet the members and having fun.
If you are new to bowls, we would recommend you take up the offer of three free sessions, normally held on a Monday at 11:00 am or Friday evening at 5:00pm. All you need is a pair of flat soled shoes and we will provide the rest!
To book and get a chance to meet everyone and see if you like the club and members:-
or just come along and someone will help you.
Please contact Tricia Ball - Membership Secretary on firstname.lastname@example.org
“Fun, Friendship and Bowls - Hopefully we provide something for Everyone!”
Rob Raine, Hon. Secretary