Ok, I understand
Cookie Notice: This site uses cookies. For more information, please see our privacy policy.
Skip to main content

Marden Parish Council

Parish Council Pen Portraits

Cllr Role in MPC Pen Portrait

Kate Tippen

Marden Parish Council Chairman

Although not Marden born and bred I have lived here for 36 years and during that time have tried to play a full part in village life.  I have served on the Parish Council since 2004 and have been honoured to be Chairman of the Council since May 2016.  My aim is to lead a forward thinking, transparent council that embraces change whilst respecting the physical and cultural heritage of our village.

I retired in March 2017 after 30+ years working in Financial Services and apart from spending more time on Parish Council work I am a National Trust volunteer, enjoy gardening, walking our wonderful footpaths, travel, food and wine!

Richard Adam

Marden Parish Council Vice-Chairman & Planning Committee Vice-Chairman

Anne Boswell

Amenities Committee Chairman

I have lived in the Parishes of Marden and Staplehurst since 1983 and 'semi-retired' in 2010 after many years commuting to London.  As a Parish Councillor, I believe it is important to engage with the whole community in a positive and proactive way.  I love being involved in the village and have helped to arrange various events such as village fetes.  My other aim as a Councillor is to try to ensure the open space areas in the Parish are well maintained to help to improve the quality and life of residents and the environment.

I am also Chairman of Marden in Bloom which was set up in 2016, the main aim of which is to tidy and 'pretty up' the parish.  I run various fitness classes, occasionally work at Bethany School, love travelling, food and of course being involved with my lovely family.

Maria Brown

Parish Cllr

I am a Town & Country Planner working as a Senior Planning Officer at Tonbridge & Malling Borough Council and a member of the Royal Town Planning Institute.  Myself and my family moved to Marden some 37 years ago and I attended Invicta Grammar School in Maidstone.  

I was a founding member of the Marden History Group and have served as a School Governor and on the Committee of the Marden Village Club. 

I have served as a Parish Councillor since 1996.  I am married with two children. 

Sean Harvey

Parish Cllr

Lesley Mannington

Planning Committee Chairman

Ian Newton

Amenities Committee Vice-Chairman

Jean Robertson

Parish Cllr

I was born and brought up in Portsmouth but have lived in Marden for the past forty years and my career in teaching included schools in London, Marden and Wye.

I have two children, two grandchildren and two cats.  My interests are reading, theatre, WI and Marden's Heritage.

I joined the Parish Council in 2012 and the experience has been a steep but very interesting learning curve.  There's a lot to learn and I'm grateful to my more knowledgeable colleagues and their experience of Parish matters.

I enjoy working for this lovely village and hope to continue for many years to come.

Andy Turner

Parish Cllr and Chairman of Marden Neighbourhood Plan Steering Group

Alison Hooker

Parish Clerk

I started working at Marden Parish Council in September 2002 and continue to enjoy my role working 37 hours per week.  I am employed as the Parish Clerk and Responsible Financial Officer and both roles are interesting and very varied.

I grew up in the village and my mother and in-laws still live here.  I was one of the first to attend Marden Pre-School and also attended Marden Primary School.

I have two sons and live in Cranbrook with my husband, eldest son, his wife and two children.

Erika Lock

Assistant Parish Clerk

Chris Prince

Village Caretaker

Began work for Marden Parish Council on 21st August 2017

Ian Jones

Cemetery Caretaker

Has been tending the cemetery for the past 30 years.  Thank you Ian