Covid-19 Coronavirus Statement from St Thomas Bowling Club - Update July 6
- The green is now open for use by club members in line with club's Covid-19 Risk assessment.
- Numbers are limited in line with the club's risk assessment. Booking sheets have been posted on a board, outside the Clubhouse. If you aren’t able to visit the green, you can ask someone to do it for you. There will be set times, and a short time between to allow for cleaning of equipment. Every other rink to be used. The rink numbers will be on the booking sheet. (Even one day, odd the next.) The green playing colour is on the board.
- Members will only be able to access the Clubhouse to use the club toilets and collect equipment e.g. mats, jacks and rink markers. Meanwhile the public toilets are open until about 7pm. Everyone using the facilities will need to be aware of cleaning door handles padlocks etc. and keeping everywhere clean and tidy. You will need to bring your own hand sanitiser, bowls, snacks, and drinks [kitchen will be closed]
- Club Umbrella events have been organised for Monday evenings and Wednesday afternoons. Details on the notice board outside the clubhouse.
- The Men's Over 60s league has been cancelled for this season
- Further updates will follow if and when government and Bowls England guidelines change.
St Thomas Bowling Club was formed in 1921 with very appropriately named club president Rev F. Chalk and captain Mr F. Wood. Originally the Club was a private one, leased from Mr Parkin of the Cowick Barton Estate. The lease and assets were taken over by the Exeter City Council in 1939. Initially Ladies were not allowed to join but that decision was rescinded after two weeks, provided their number did not exceed that of the men!
We are situated in Barton Playing Fields, St Thomas, and the entrance is at the end of Barton Road. We have use of a large car park, and have level access to the Club. We are affiliated to Bowls Devon and Bowls England.
We are a friendly Club and welcome men and ladies of all ages. The Season commences in April until the end of September. We play friendly matches with other Clubs throughout Devon. We also belong to Men and Ladies Leagues, hold Club Competitions, and have a Club night every Monday during the Season.