St Thomas Bowling Club
- St Thomas Bowling Club - the 2023 season has now ended but we are looking forward to returning to our green for the outdoor season next April.
- New bowlers will be most welcome and we have a club session every Monday evening starting @ 6.00 pm
- If you want to play bowls we would love to see you
- sponsored by
Wills, Power of Attorney, Probate Guidance, Trust Creation and NHS Funding for Care. Professional and Quality Service WITHOUT the High Street price tag. No Consultation Fees nor Obligation .PROUD SPONSOR
- Close season club events
- Saturday 4th November - AGM 14:00 @ Cowick Barton Playing Fields Clubhouse
- Thursday 14th December - Presentation & Skittles evening - 19:00 @ Exeter St Thomas Cricket & Social club, Grace Road, Marsh Barton
St Thomas Bowling Club was formed in 1921 with very appropriately named club president Rev F. Chalk and captain Mr F. Wood. Originally the Club was a private one, leased from Mr Parkin of the Cowick Barton Estate. The lease and assets were taken over by the Exeter City Council in 1939. Initially Ladies were not allowed to join but that decision was rescinded after two weeks, provided their number did not exceed that of the men!
We are situated in Barton Playing Fields, St Thomas, and the entrance is at the end of Barton Road. We have use of a large car park, and have level access to the Club. We are affiliated to Bowls Devon and Bowls England.
We are a friendly Club and welcome men and ladies of all ages. The Season commences in April and runs until mid/lateSeptember. We play friendly matches with other Clubs throughout Devon. We also belong to local daytime and evening leagues, hold Club Competitions, and have a Club night every Monday during the Season.