Meon Valley Community Bus Association
The Meon Valley Community Bus Association, together with Hampshire CC, is pleased to announce the introduction of a new Wednesday bus service to Petersfield. The bus will be picking up/dropping off at all request stops on the A32 between Droxford and West Lodge (just south of West Meon) as well the familiar stops on the timetable below.
Making a booking
Social distancing rules mean that we can still only take four passengers on each journey or five if two of the passengers are a couple. To avoid having to turn passengers away we will again be operating a booking service. This will mean that once your booking is accepted, you can be sure you will have seat on the bus. Bookings can be made up to two weeks in advance between the hours of 10.00 a.m. and 4.00 p.m.
To make a booking please call one of the following: -
Ken 01329 830355
John 01489 877499
Bob 01489 878270
How we will make sure that the service is safe for you, the passenger, and our volunteer drivers:-
1. To comply with the Track and Trace system we will record the names and contact details of all passengers who board the bus.
2. In line with most public transport operators you will be required to wear a mask covering your nose and mouth and this should be worn whilst you are on the bus.
3. If necessary hand sanitiser will be provided for you before you board the bus.
4. Please use the same seats for outward and return journeys.
5. We will have the windows open when there are passengers on the bus to ensure an adequate ventilation.
We will continue to monitor demand and, when appropriate, we will increase the number of days that the service operates. It is hoped that as the situation improves we will once again revert to a full service.