Community Bus Association - Update 10th September 2021
The Meon Valley Community Bus is continuing to run to a restricted timetable. To use the service, you will still be required to book.
On Mondays and Wednesdays the service will run to Fareham. On Fridays it will run to either Winchester (1st and 3rd Fridays of each month), Waterlooville (4th Friday of each month) or Petersfield (2nd and 5th Fridays of each month).
Making a booking
Social distancing rules mean that we can still only take four passengers on each journey or five if two of the passengers are a couple. To avoid having to turn passengers away we will again be operating a booking service. This will mean that once your booking is accepted, you can be sure you will have seat on the bus. Bookings can be made up to two weeks in advance between the hours of 10.00 a.m. and 4.00 p.m.
To make a booking please call one of the following: -
Ken 01329 830355
John 01489 877499
Bob 01489 878270
How we will make sure that the service is safe for you, the passenger, and our volunteer drivers:-
1. To comply with the Track and Trace system we will record the names and contact details of all passengers who board the bus.
2. In line with most public transport operators you will be required to wear a mask covering your nose and mouth and this should be worn whilst you are on the bus.
3. If necessary hand sanitiser will be provided for you before you board the bus.
4. Please use the same seats for outward and return journeys.
5. We will have the windows open when there are passengers on the bus to ensure an adequate ventilation.
We will continue to monitor demand and, when appropriate, we will increase the number of days that the service operates. It is hoped that as the situation improves we will once again revert to a full service.