Crofton Bowling Club
There is good accessibility for the mobility-impaired, at Crofton BC's Stubbington Bowling Green, but there are also some limitations, particularly for wheelchair users.
The car park, location and green surrounds are fully accessible by the mobility-impaired.
- In the free public car park by our green, closest to the Club/Green entrance are two mobility parking spaces with appropriate dimensions, and marked with the standard International Symbol of Access, with a choice of two dropped kerbs available to get to the club entrance gate. There are other mobility parking spaces in this same car park, albeit further from the Club/Green entrance, plus, on an exceptional basis, mobility parking spaces by the entrance to the Community Centre intended for their Centre users; there are accessible pathways, all with dropped kerbs, from all of these additional mobility spaces to the Club/Green entrance.
- A step-free path then leads into the Club/Green, the green surrounds and the club buildings.
Access to the paths and 'banks' around the green is good.
- Around the green, there is further bench seating, via a level path, without thresholds.
- Immediately outside the pavilion is a flat area, with sheltered bench seats.
The buildings (clubhouse, changing rooms, equipment stores) have step thresholds of varying levels, representing a level of accessibility challenge.
- The single-level pavilion doorway has a low threshold, with a double-opening door. There are no raised internal doorway thresholds within the clubhouse. There are no toilets in the clubhouse building.
- There is no designated accessible toilet on site, although there are two accessible toilets close by:
- an accessible toilet in the Crofton Community Centre (which is itself accessible) about 60 yds (50 m) from the club, along a level footpath, and open 09:00-22:00 weekdays and 09:00-17:00 weekends; it's next door to our club.
- an accessible public toilet (Radar Key scheme) on Stubbington Green about 165 yds (150 m) from the club, along level footpaths, open 07:30-20:00 24/7; it's just past the Library on the way to the Stubbington Centre shops.
- The club's ladies' and men's toilets have no accessibility-specific attributes. The toilets are located in the respective changing rooms, and each such room/building has a threshold step.
- The two equipment stores each have a raised doorway threshold step.
The bowling green itself has some accessibility support.
- There is a portable step, with a handrail, used to assist the mobility-impaired in moving between the green surround and the green itself; however, there is, regrettably, no level-surface access to the green, so 'bowling wheelchairs' cannot be readily accommodated.
Please contact us for any accessibility queries, and we'll be happy to assist.
Accessibility-oriented images are shown below:
- Hover over (or click), an image to reveal its caption
- Click the slider arrows to scroll the images
- Click an image to enlarge it, then use arrows to view all enlarged images sequentially.