COVID-19 update 31 March
Doddington Parish Council
Please see the update below from Public Health England for 31 March. Also, Government Guidance has just been published giving advice and information on how to look after your mental health and wellbeing during the Covid-19 outbreak (see COVID-19: guidance for the public on mental health and wellbeing).
- Funerals: new guidance has been published today (31 March)
- The number of mourners attending funerals should be restricted, so a safe distance of at least 2 metres (3 steps) can be maintained between individuals. Ideally, only members of the deceased person’s household or close family members should attend.
- Any individuals displaying symptoms of coronavirus should not attend.
- Those attending the funeral will need to adhere to social distancing at all times, including when travelling to and from the funeral.
- Mourners are strongly advised not to take part in any rituals that bring them into close contact with the body of a person who has died from or with symptoms of coronavirus.
- Practices that involve close personal contact with the deceased should only be carried out using the correct personal protective equipment, as outlined in the guidance.
The guidance will be distributed to local resilience forums (LRFs) directly from MHCLG via Resilience Direct. Please do get in touch with PHE if you have any questions. Press release here.
- DHSC will publish updated data on this page on a daily basis each afternoon until further notice.
- The ONS has published provisional data on deaths registered weekly in England and Wales. This weekly data now provides a separate breakdown of the numbers of deaths involving COVID-19.
- The Cabinet Office has published Coronavirus outbreak FAQs: what you can and can't do. This includes answers to questions such as “can I drive to green spaces?” and “can I go to the park?”
- National door drop: This week, the Prime Minister will write to every UK household to urge them to stay at home, protect the NHS and save lives. These will be sent to 30 million households across the UK by the Royal Mail and there will be a staggered delivery due to the large volume between Thursday 2 April and Wednesday 8 April.
- New Every Mind Matters COVID-19 assets: Every Mind Matters has created new COVID 19 specific assets to help you support the public’s Mental Health whilst staying at home. These include long and short videos featuring Dr Hilary Jones and animated social assets which are now available to download on the Campaign Resource Centre.
- GOV.UK WhatsApp Coronavirus Information Service: A new GOV.UK WhatsApp Coronavirus Information Service has now been launched to combat the spread of misinformation propagated through WhatsApp on an Official Government channel. To use the service, members of the public simply add +44 7860 064422 to their contacts and send a WhatsApp message saying “Hi”. Please promote this service through your channels.
- Coronavirus fact sheet for children: Information for children to help them understand what Coronavirus is, the importance of hand washing and how to help stop the virus spreading is available on the Campaign Resource Centre. There is also an animation to go with it. A We Transfer link to the video for download is here.
- The Local Government Association is hosting useful coronavirus information on their website to aid local authorities. The site includes links to government as well as bespoke local authority material.
- Guidance for staff in the transport sector has been updated and is available online.
- Guidance for households with possible infection, staying at home and away from others, and protecting vulnerable people (shielding). Latest PHE guidance can be found here.
- Any further guidance to support schools and educational settings remaining open for children of key workers will be published here. DfE has set up a helpline offering guidance for anyone with education related questions.
Follow on Twitter: @PHE_SouthEast
Mrs Wendy Licence
- 01622 739324
Find Doddington Parish Council
Doddington, Doddington, Sittingbourne, Kent, ME9 0BH