Cookies

We use essential cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set analytics cookies that help us make improvements by measuring how you use the site. These will be set only if you accept.

For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our cookies page.

Essential Cookies

Essential cookies enable core functionality such as security, network management, and accessibility. For example, the selections you make here about which cookies to accept are stored in a cookie.

You may disable these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the website functions.

Analytics Cookies

We'd like to set Google Analytics cookies to help us improve our website by collecting and reporting information on how you use it. The cookies collect information in a way that does not directly identify you.

Third Party Cookies

Third party cookies are ones planted by other websites while using this site. This may occur (for example) where a Twitter or Facebook feed is embedded with a page. Selecting to turn these off will hide such content.

Skip to main content

Kath Acres

Little Marlow Parish Council Kath Acres

I spent 30 years working in business magazine publishing running magazines covering a variety of subjects - Social Housing, Self Building Your Dream Home, Residential Care, Electronics, Estate Agency and Air and Business Travel. I set up a company to publish a weekly magazine about Community Regeneration and a monthly Social Enterprise magazine which I ran for ten years.

In 2008 I retrained as a Secondary school maths teacher at Brunel University. I now tutor maths to a wide range of local students and teach GCSE Maths intervention classes at Bourne End Academy. I am a Team Leader for Edexcel GCSE maths marking.

I have a degree in Environmental Science, the Professional Qualification of the Chartered Institute of Housing and a PGCSE in Secondary Maths.

I am currently President of Bourne End WI (which is a very happy and active WI) and I help to organise Bourne End Christmas Fun Night every year.

I am married to a local architect and have two grown up children. As of Saturday 10th October I am a (very proud) Granny and busy buying Osh Kosh dungarees on ebay. 
Friends would describe me as enthusiastic, energetic and imaginative. Lesser fans would describe me as demanding, disruptive and exhausting.

I have lived in Well End for 11 years and cannot believe how lucky I am. While I recognise that there must be change and progress I am passionate about making sure that we look after our local area for future generations’ benefit.