Cookies

We use essential cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set analytics cookies that help us make improvements by measuring how you use the site. These will be set only if you accept.

For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our cookies page.

Essential Cookies

Essential cookies enable core functionality such as security, network management, and accessibility. For example, the selections you make here about which cookies to accept are stored in a cookie.

You may disable these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the website functions.

Analytics Cookies

We'd like to set Google Analytics cookies to help us improve our website by collecting and reporting information on how you use it. The cookies collect information in a way that does not directly identify you.

Third Party Cookies

Third party cookies are ones planted by other websites while using this site. This may occur (for example) where a Twitter or Facebook feed is embedded with a page. Selecting to turn these off will hide such content.

Skip to main content

Climate & Nature Action

Rodington Parish Council is supported in its aims for a greener Rodington parish by the Rodington Parish Climate & Nature Steering Group which was formed in 2022 by the parish council.

In the spring 2022 edition of Village Voice, we put out a call to all residents in the parish to give us your ideas for how we can make Rodington, Longdon upon Tern and the spaces in between and around them better for the environment and the species and people that use them. This followed the parish council’s declaration of a climate and nature emergency in December 2021 as we acknowledged the emergencies facing the world related to these issues. We were delighted with the range of ideas you provided us with.

These covered a full spectrum of environmental concerns, and a working group of parish residents have grouped them in this vision under 4 themes: Wildlife & Habitats, Energy & Carbon, Waste & Recycling and finally Access & Travel. Whether it’s creating habitat for much-loved species such as hedgehogs, promoting renewable energy, increasing recycling or encouraging active travel, everything represented in this vision comes from you, our community,and it is therefore truly your plan.

Below you can find the terms of reference for our Steering Group and the publication of "A greener Rodington parish" which sets out our vision in Rodington parish.

Membership form to the Climate & Nature Steering Group (Rodington parish)

Any particular areas of interest in the 4 theme areas (no experience/knowledge required, but it would be helpful for the Steering Group to know if you do)?

I agree to keep to the Terms of Reference of the Climate & Nature Steering Group (available on the Parish Council website) *

I agree for Rodington Parish Council to use my information to contact me from time to time regarding the work of this group and request that my information is not shared with any third party (other than the steering group) without my consent *