Cookies

We use essential cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set analytics cookies that help us make improvements by measuring how you use the site. These will be set only if you accept.

For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our cookies page.

Essential Cookies

Essential cookies enable core functionality such as security, network management, and accessibility. For example, the selections you make here about which cookies to accept are stored in a cookie.

You may disable these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the website functions.

Analytics Cookies

We'd like to set Google Analytics cookies to help us improve our website by collecting and reporting information on how you use it. The cookies collect information in a way that does not directly identify you.

Third Party Cookies

Third party cookies are ones planted by other websites while using this site. This may occur (for example) where a Twitter or Facebook feed is embedded with a page. Selecting to turn these off will hide such content.

Skip to main content

2020 AGM Minutes

SECRETARY'S REPORT

This report is very different to any I have written in the past. Covid 19 has dominated everything since it first hit us in early March, and I am just very pleased that (as far as I know) we have all come through it unscathed. I hope that the same can be said for your nearest and dearest. Let us all hope that we will see an end to it in the not too distant. future. The first 3 outings (October, December & February) were all completed OK, but since then, we have only managed to complete our August outing, which incorporated the Father & Son Competition - all others were cancelled. The latest casualty, of course, being the AGM. Subsequently, the singles & doubles competition were postponed, as well as the Grand Prix.

Our Membership this year stood at 34 - 1 less than last year. As there will be no membership fees this coming year, these 34 will all remain as members, with the one member we lost last year, returning again this. The May weekend to Cottermore (which was due to have 24 attendees), was another casualty of the virus, but a smaller group did attend at the beginning of October. Next year, we have 20 signed up so far to go to Bicester. Lets hope that this can go ahead as planned. Thanks to Steve for continuing to organise this - especially in getting something off the ground this year. Thanks also, to Graham for keeping the financial matters sorted - again, especially this year with all the credits and debits flying around due to all the cancellations. Thank you also to Colin for organising the trophies, and for getting our new web-site up and running. I hope you have all visited the site, as it looks very smart. And thank you all, for your understanding in these difficult times.

Finally, and sadly this summer, we heard of the passing of two ex-members - Dave Smith & Clive Thorn. They were not members for very long, but some of you will probably remember them. Dave was the brother-in-law of another ex-member Bob Hearne, and Clive was a friend of mine. Personally I have very fond memories of both - I played football for a few years with Dave when I was in my teens, and Clive helped me run a boys football team for (dare I say it) FC Bracknell, taking them from under 6 to under 14. 

RIP Dave & Clive.  

Treasurer’s Report    October  6th 2020

Although we only managed to complete four outings in a very difficult year, I have produced end of year figures to ensure continuity.

We are carrying forward to year 2020/21 a balance of £2824.05 which is an increase of £352.60 over last year. The heavily subsidised events were all cancelled so there was no major use of cash apart from our Xmas lunch. All these subsidised events are carried forward to next year so we can use the funds then.

As Ray has confirmed we see no requirement for an annual sub this year providing you paid last year.

Credits are starting to come under control and providing Downshire goes ahead we should be able to clear most of them. Having to run two golf weekends at the same time was also a problem and a big thank you to Steve for sorting that out.

Also thanks to Ray, Tim and Colin for keeping things going